Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Ive been lucky to get a positive result at the weekend and I have to go up everyother day to have blood tests to make sure my hormone levels are increasing, what level do they like you to get to before that will do a scan?

Michele

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Congratulations on your  ^BFP^
The clinic tend to scan you once your levels are between the 10,000 - 12,000 mark.
Enjoy your pregnancy!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Michele,

Congratulations on your BFP,

i dont think they scan you untill your at least 6 or 7 weeks pregnant as they would not be able to see much before that point,  

Nades xx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank Nades for your response, and good luck this weekend x

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Congratulations  :)

I had my scan at 6+2 my bloods were at 25,000 a few days before  ::)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Emma74 aka Emmett said:
Congratulations :)

I had my scan at 6+2 my bloods were at 25,000 a few days before ::)
Congrats Emma and thanks for your response, I only got a postive on sunday and yesterday my levels were 410, which they seemed please with - wow I have a long way to go yet.....

Michele x

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Sounds like twins to me then as mine were 484 from what i can remember  ::) ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Here are my numbers

15dpo 484 progesterone over a 1000 
16dpo 685 prog wasnt tested,
18dpo 1413 prog 1200
20dpo 2777
22dpo 5379
24dpo 11360
27dpo 25613
31dpo Two strong H/B's seen

Dont worry if they dont double every 48 hours as they tend to slow down and double every 72hours after a while  ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Emma - wow thats really helpful.  Oh my god twins...just trying to take it that it finally happenend...  Thanks for your help, its good to get some advice from someone ahead of me.  I don't mean to sound stupid by your put 15 dpo 484 - was that the day you got tested for pregnancy on day 15 after collection?  If so then I may of confused you as mine have been so far
Day of positive result - 81
Following day - 141
2 days later - 410

Michele

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Ohhhhh i seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  ::)

Yes mine was 15 dpo (e/c) so test day  ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine dont sound so great now compare to yours, but then you are having twins  :)
I think I may need to ask more questions there tomorrow as I don't want to panic when I compare 18 dpo is still only a third of your count, but then tomorrow way speed up??

Good luck with everything and hope your feeling well
x

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
You dont need to worry silly  ::)

Mine started off high so will have to carry on high  ;)

Yours are more than doubling which is excellent, doesnt matter about the numbers as long as they are doubling every 48-72 hours you will be fine  :-* if they were worried they would of said trust me  ;D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
phew thats reassuring and yes they havent seemed concerned yet.  Looks like I will be having to IVIG again next week, did you have this?  It's a fanastic place and Im just going around telling all those who have been trying for years to get there ass up there now - not that they need to be anymore overloaded as its always so busy  ;D

xx

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
;D ;D ;D ;D
No i was one of the lucky few, only needed IVIG during stimms then my immunes were low through out  ;) although im waiting for my last lot of immunes back so you never know  ^eyes^

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good luck hope there still low for you :)
I think I was one of the few who had the side effects from it one my first go - chills, headaches and felt so weak I couldnt even talk.  Im not a weak person as I felt good through out the IVF treatment but that Im not looking forward to again - I here that if it drips through to quickly it can bring on the effects more  ::)

x

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Yes the effects arent nice are they  :-[ lots of rest after maybe a couple of days in bed  :-*

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you suffered as well then  :-[

You have been so helpful - thanks

Do you know if there's a link with others in our situation who I can pester as well as you  ;D
x

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes there is 3 threads i am on the argc potty thread, or there is a much quieter thread called ARGC newbies and potentials or there is the Argc chatters thread  :-*

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there. I had a positive result on Sunday (1st time ICSI, feel so lucky...). HcG was 170 (15 days after EC) and today is 249 - annoyingly they aren't doing a blood test tmw so i won't know if i'm doubling in the right amount of time or not, but they didn't sound too concerned. I find that the thing with ARGC is you have to let them take control and try not to worry around it (impossible?!) and they have delivered such a good result so far that i'm happy just to go with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Mel - congratulations - are you still buzzing - I still cant believe its really happened. Your levels are good, mine are up to 3420 on day 22 (2 days ago) which they are happy with.  They said they like them to double every 2 days so I have been going for blood tests every other day and hoping for my 1st scan early next week.  Looks like I may get away from the IVIG again as the levels are doubling and not slowing down - hugh relief :)

If it helps I have my gestone done by my GP's nurse.  When you are going to ARGC the nurse there will also do it for you.  I have had them do it for me at weekends if I am up there. 

Good luck

Michele

1 - 20 of 36 Posts