Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( :( :(
Have had the most stressful last few days of my life. Last Tues, started producing nasty brown stuff down there. Was supposed to test on the Friday but decided to do a test there and then and it was a feint positive. Did another one on the Wednesday which was slightly darker so rang my clinic who advised me to have a 48hr blood test that day. Went in for that and my gestone injection (progesterone) and the results came back at levels of 33???? Went back on Friday for another gestone jab and my 2nd blood test and they lost it!!!!! - still have brown stuff (very slight) Did anther hpt and it was quite dark. Clinic were fuming about the bloods and said that they hoped they would turn up by Monday when I had to have my next gestone jab. Sadly they didn't and my nurse didn't want to repeat the bloods as I get very stressed with having blood tests (faint, vomit, disappearing veins etc...) which is funny because I have no problem stabbing myself with fertility drugs  ???

Well to cut a long story sort - nurse told me I have to wait until my scan on the 2nd December  :eek: I am soooooo impatient and went and bought some tests from a local chemist which were only £1.99 for two (strip things) which were the only ones they sold. Have done them both now and both times the pink line is there but quite feint - am panicking now as still have slight brown discharge and am worrying myself stupid. Have no sign of red blood and I know the tests were cheap but surely there should have been a more positive line as I am now 5 days late from original day of testing.

Has anyone else ever expereinced this??? or am I possibly losing it???

Claire

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hi Claireabelle

What you're going through sounds awful but hopeful if that makes sense!

You have done several postive pregnancy tests and they do say "a line's a line".  I don't think you can compare them because they're different brands and in any case you can't be a bit pregnant.

It must be really stressful.  If you think that waiting is worse that having your blood taken, maybe you should just go and have that done instead.  At least then you'd have an answer (and I bet if you kicked off a bit they could do the test faster).  But if giving blood is more stressful than waiting then you need to look after yourself and wait.

You said that your scan is on the 2nd December but wouldn't you be six weeks pregnant on 26th November (almost a week earlier)?  I know it's still a long way away but maybe you should tell the clinic that you want to know as soon as possible.

Waiting will obviously be really hard and I know you're really worried about the bleeding but the people on here who describe a miscarriage don't describe it as small amounts of brown blood, they describe it as bright red heavy bleeding which is very different from what you're describing.  I'm sure you know that lots and lots of people have some bleeding and it's nothing to worry about.

The tests says you're pregnant and a bit of bleeding is perfectly normal.  I'd say congratulations are in order.

You must be terrified that this is going to be taken away from you and I can't imagine how hard it is but the signs are all good.

Look after yourself.  Do whatever you need (daytime TV is great  - especially Homes Under the Hammer and Murder She Wrote - if you can throw a sickie or maybe going to work would help you pass the time more quickly). 

Everyone on the IUI Girls is behind you and you're welcome to PM me if you need to.

I think that there will be some good news for you in time for Christmas and I'll keep thinking about you.

Love Victoria
xxx

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Victoria - thanks for your message, it's much appreciated!  :)

To be honest this is far more stressful than my BFN's that I have had  :( It's the knowing that you are pg and that it may all be taken away in an instant. Am constantly checking and every twinge I have have makes me panic even more. Just wish I could go to sleep for the next two weeks  :)

Have checked my dates and you are right - it should be next week, will mention it on Thursday when I see her again! If this doesn't work, I only have one more go at IUI (NHS) which is really annoying because I know it works. There are no private clinics in Devon that do IUI so am also panicking about that! (am a born worrier lol) have asked my clinic and they said that they don't offer it privately!!!  :(

Have just ordered some more tests off the net from medisave (10 lol) They are really cheap and are the same as the ones that they use in the doctor's surgeries etc... The lady was really helpful on the phone and said that they provide all NHS hospitals with these ones. So hopefully will get a better result with those. Am a bit cross that my clinic won't retest but she says that she is worried that, knowing how sensitive I am to having bloods taken; it wouldn't be worth it...... may have to bring that up again on Thursday  :mad:

Really, really hope that your donor works out for you and Moosey- he sounds good!! and hopefully he's got a much better sperm count  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Again thanks for your reply  :)

love
Clairexxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts