Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope I'm posting this in right place. Sorry for brief message, am using phone. I have pcos and about to start ivf process. Had ovarian drilling in Dec and signs of ov 14 days ago. Got early pg symptoms. Took 3 cheapy 'pregtest' (from eBay) hpt's yesterday and faint pos on them all. Same again with 2 this morning. They measure 10 whatever's of hcg and are pink dye ones. It says that a faint line is a pos and to retest in 48 hours etc. I think this is good news but can anyone give me some realistic advice/share their own stories about this with me? I'm desperate for answers and daren't let myself get excited just yet... :-\
Any thanks in advance xx

Registered
Hi

Looks good! As long as you didn't have an hcg injection at the treatment then it looks like you could well be pregnant - a line is a line!
Really hope it's the case for you-I would probably get a more pricey test to get further confirmation but that's coming from someone who's done about 10 tests already and still can't quite believe it so ignore that if you like聽 ;D

Smidget xxxx

Registered
Hey,

I agree that it sounds good!聽 聽 I would suggest buying a Superdrug test just for confirmation.聽 They are really good, and also measure at 10ml's.聽 The test is really sturdy and you will feel more confident if you've bought the test from a shop rather than from ebay....I've tried most tests through my journey and this is the 1 i recommend.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on!

Mia x

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey :)

Thank you both for taking the time to reply聽 ^hugme^

We're getting some other brand hpt's tomorrow and testing Thursday morning with them so hopefully any hcg levels will be higher by then聽 ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

I'll let you know how I get on. And if anyone else has any other thoughts (either way!) please do let me know. Oh, and I forgot to say this morning, DH poas for me yesterday too and got a definite negative (phew, haha!) so I'm sure what we're seeing isn't an evaporation line聽 ^reiki^

xx

Registered
Brilliant Jaj!聽 The superdrug ones are only about a fiver so good value considering they measure at such a low level.

Good Luck!

Mia x x

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh, Mia, why is this waiting so hard!!聽 :-\ I'm not near a Superdrug at home and am away from office training for rest of week so might try a supermarket own brand one instead. Not too bothered how much they cost to be honest (although cheaper is better given I'll probably be buying a boat load of them!) - just want one that maybe measures about 50 'whatevers' to see how it comes up. Also got pain on left hand side of lower abdomen and going crazy googling this... Really hope that if this is definitely a bfp that it's not an ectopic bfp聽 :-\

Any chance Superdrug sell crystal balls as well...?聽 ;D

xxx

Registered
Hmmm crystal balls....now that would make some money eh!

I used clearblue digital, expensive but spelt it out in words for me! But I also used the clearblue ordinary one and first response (for variety and a result that doesn't disappear in 48 hours -as the digital one only shows the result on screen for that long)

Have one digital one left to hopefully use in another week or so to see it say '3+' weeks since conception聽 ^idiot^

I had all sorts of niggly pains ( even before the OHSS) so hope yours are perfectly normal.
Smidget xx

Registered
I used tests which were 3 for a pound, I don't think it matters how expensive they are, as they all do the same thing and the ones I used are the same as the hospital used.
A line is a line hon, the only difference you will see is the line getting darker, and coming up quicker.
Congratulations

Registered
I got very faint lines on cheap ebay tests - faint ones on boots owon and a faint cross on CB non digi - then I tried CB digi - those are the best definitely!!! Seeing it in words is so much easier than analysing lines!聽 :)聽 ( although you can't beat a blood test either !! )

You are definitely pregnant though cos the tests only show up an second line if enough hcg present in your body - and you only produce hcg if preggers!! Congrats聽 :)

Premium Member
So long as you read the result within the stated time and haven't had an HCG jab then you are pregnant, congratulations!

When I was pg with dd you could barely see the line, I had to squint and hold it to the light! However, over the next week it gradually came up quicker and got darker and she's now a healthy 4 year old. ;D ;D

Easy for me to say but try not to go too mad with the tests or you'll send yourself loopy - some have less dye than others and if your wee isn't as concentrated then you won't get such a strong line.

Chux xx

Registered
Oh, I'm excited fro you......let us know how u get on!聽 Good girl being able to wait till Thursday!!聽 :) x

Mia x

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi ladies :) Thanks again for all of your comments, I really really appreciate them聽 ^hugme^ I did another cheapie test this morning and it was slightly darker. Did another one after work and line was similar, maybe a little lighter than this morning, but could be spotted from a distance聽 :)

So, we went to Sainsbury's to get a selection of tests but came away with only the Sainsbury's own brand digi one as the only other option was Clearblue Plus (which gave me a false positive / very dark evap line in September and I feared my heart would break when CB digi the following day said 'Not Pregnant' :( ) so I'm wary of CB and avoided their digi one too. Cam home, squeezed the tiniest of wee's out was just chatting to dh in the bathroom when he glanced down after about 30 seconds and it said 'Pregnant' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!聽 ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D We were 95% certain but once bitten with faint lines, twice shy. Never realised just how wonderful that word would look聽 :) Am off to the GP's tomorrow (yeah, waiting til Thursday has gone out of the window, haha!) to get it confirmed and ask dozens of questions such as 'Can you please check if there's a an actual baby in there, growing well, in the right place and not in my tube?' etc etc etc, sigh - I am such a worrier by nature ::)

Well, enough waffling from me for now. Am off to try and eat - got terrible nausea, awful guts (sorry if tmi) and not sleeping so exhausted. Nausea this early (4 + 1) is that normal?!? Got an exam tomorrow too for work, marvellous - meant to be revising this evening! And if this all goes wrong, then at least we know we can get pg (without assistance too!) and that's a huge milestone as have never been pg before. Hope I have a lovely healthy baby on the 30th January though :)

xxx

Registered
Well done!! Seeing the words makes it so much more real! :)

Registered
^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

CONGRATULATIONS JAJ!!!!!!!!

Mia x x x x

Registered
Fantastic lovey! Congratulations!聽 :)^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oooo, thanks for all the congratulations :)

Saw the gp today and got it all made 'official'. Got first scan on 27th June - I'll be 9.5 weeks (assuming I get that far...?聽 :-\^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ) but they think I'll be 12+3 as have based it on lmp and I have pcos so very long and irregular cycles. But only 4.5 weeks to wait which is better - wish I could fast forward to then and everything be fine聽 ^reiki^

We never stop worrying on this journey do we, hah! ::)

xx

Registered
JAJ - you are right there - the worry never stops! And it never will even when our precious ones have grown up!聽 :)

Good luck for scan - the waiting is horrendous but just stay positive聽 ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I never thought about the worry post bfp! I just never imagined that bit as never thought I'd get this far I guess聽 :-\ I also really struggled today at the gp's as he gave me the details to go away and call up about antenatal appointment and asked me some questions, took bp and pulse, felt my tummy/pelvis and then I was on my way again... in fact, he had to ask me to leave as I was jabbering on for too long!!!聽 :-[ I don't know what I expected - at least fireworks or something though, hah!聽 ???

Registered
I never imagined a bfp either hunny - it took 8 BFN's before I finally got lucky. Now I have a beautiful baby girl - it is so amazing.聽 :)

Pregnancy is exciting, wonderful, scary, worrying, but the best experience of your life - then when your LO arrives it is the best feeling ever - then seeing them grow is amazing too!!

Enjoy it - it goes so fast xx ^hugme^

1 - 19 of 19 Posts