Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies (and any gentlemen!)  ^wave^

Although I have been a member here for some time, I have just started with the investigations.  Last year I had an appointment but they wouldn't treat me or investigate until I had lost weight, which I now have - so now things are moving.

My periods are regular (29-30 days), after a prelim scan last year I know that I am producing eggs, I had a HSG today and the consultant said that my tubes aren't blocked and my womb is ok.  DH has had his little friends counted, and everything is ok there.  So progress, but nothing found so far, nothing to explain the 2 and a half years of trying without success.

The point of this long winded story is that I have an appointment tomorrow to discuss the results from the HSG, and the doctor that I saw earlier in the week said that the next step would probably be IUI next cycle (depending on the results from the HSG)!  Although I am glad of this, and glad that everything is moving quickly, I am just wondering as the infertility is at this point unexplained, should there be more tests ran before we run straight to IUI??  I think what is in the back of my mind that whatever is wrong and stopping us conceiving, might also stop any IUI cycle from becoming a success, therefore wasting time and leading to disappointment.

Has anyone got any advice on the subject, or anything that I should be asking at the meeting tomorrow?

Many thanks in advance

Hugs

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hi Sue,
I think all your questions are valid & very similar to what mine were too! I'm sure that's what the basis of your appointment will be tomorrow. I often find it's helpful to write a list of everything I want to ask before we go so that I don't get bamboozled with all the jargon!
It's good news so far with your tests so try to focus on that.
Good luck x

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hiya.
Sounds like we are both in the same boat. We have had the same tests and I have just been refered to Liverpool. Had the first appointment and the clinic was running late, so someone stayed on to wait for our appointment. I think she must have been cross as all she wanted to do was prescribe drugs and wait 6 months -been waiting 5 years so far.
Anyway, when I told her I had done my research and did not think clomid was the right choice for us especially as we had just had a scan and been told there were two follicles developing and looked ready to be released any day. We said we wanted to get going on the IUI she said she would refer the matter back to her boss and we would ahve to go home and wait for another appointment. Very frustrating, seeing as we have a 2 hour drive each way!
Anyway, all I would say is do your own research and go knowing what you want out of each appiintment and don't be afraid to tell them what you think is right for you. If you have done this, you will know the pros and cons of whatever they recommend and be in a better postioin to make an informned choice, or for them to properly explain why they may disagree. Knowledge is power! Hope you got on ok, let us know,
M.W.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts