Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter,

I think I'm going to be long-winded here - apologies and thanks for your time.

I recently had my first IVF cycle in the Aberdeen Fertility Center. It resulted in an early loss, which in a strange way is comforting. I suffer from stage 3 endo and have severely damaged tubes so this is the first time I have come close in the last 19 cycles.

I was on 150IU of Gonal-F (FSH was 6.5, I am 37), got 3 follies (pretty poor response), 3 eggs from those follies, all 3 fertilised naturally - which was reassuring. Had 2 'top quality' embies fransferred. The third was somewhat fragmented and the embryologist didn't want to freeze it.

I shall be going in for a chat with the consultant before moving onto round 2. After some reading tho' I am wondering if I should be concerned about auto-immune issues. Not only do I have endo, but I have psoriasis as well. Do you think I should mention my concerns to the consultant or should we wait and see what the next cycle brings?

Another question - do you think I was over-suppressed, hence my poor response to stimulation? My E2 after 17 days of buserelin was 0.1 (nmol/L I think they use here - does that convert to 27 pg/mL - not sure about the conversion). I started stimming that day and on day 8 of stims it was only 0.29 (79). Day 10 was 0.38 (104) & day 13 was 0.93 (253). The last day (14) before retrieval it was 1.3 (354) - I triggered that night. My lining was 11.5 by then, which was good. Would upping the stim dose be enough next time or would a short cycle/flare cycle be better do you think?

Even tho' we only had 3 possibly mature enough follies we decided to go ahead as we'd gain some useful information for next time - they fertilised without ICSI, embryo quality was good, they hatched ok & implanted to a degree - all good news.

Thanks for any suggestions or help you can provide - I think it is great you are spending time here helping us out.

·
Registered
856 Posts
LadyP said:
Hi Peter,

I think I'm going to be long-winded here - apologies and thanks for your time.

That's OK!

I recently had my first IVF cycle in the Aberdeen Fertility Center. It resulted in an early loss, which in a strange way is comforting. I suffer from stage 3 endo and have severely damaged tubes so this is the first time I have come close in the last 19 cycles.

Well, at least it shows that it can and will work in the future!

I was on 150IU of Gonal-F (FSH was 6.5, I am 37),

That's sounds OK

got 3 follies (pretty poor response),

Yes, you need a higher dose next time

3 eggs from those follies, all 3 fertilised naturally - which was reassuring.

Very!

Had 2 'top quality' embies fransferred. The third was somewhat fragmented and the embryologist didn't want to freeze it.

That's a pity but a least you got two good ones

I shall be going in for a chat with the consultant before moving onto round 2. After some reading tho' I am wondering if I should be concerned about auto-immune issues.

Not unless you lab results indicate a problem.

Not only do I have endo, but I have psoriasis as well. Do you think I should mention my concerns to the consultant or should we wait and see what the next cycle brings?

The psoriasis is not important in this conext unless you take high doses of steriods to control it. If so I assume that your consultant knows all about this.

Another question - do you think I was over-suppressed, hence my poor response to stimulation?

No, understimulated

My E2 after 17 days of buserelin was 0.1 (nmol/L I think they use here - does that convert to 27 pg/mL - not sure about the conversion). I started stimming that day and on day 8 of stims it was only 0.29 (79). Day 10 was 0.38 (104) & day 13 was 0.93 (253). The last day (14) before retrieval it was 1.3 (354) - I triggered that night.

That's low throughout, you simply need a higher dose

My lining was 11.5 by then, which was good. Would upping the stim dose be enough next time or would a short cycle/flare cycle be better do you think?

Increase the dose

Even tho' we only had 3 possibly mature enough follies we decided to go ahead as we'd gain some useful information for next time - they fertilised without ICSI,

This is very good to hear!!

embryo quality was good, they hatched ok & implanted to a degree - all good news.

Very good!

Thanks for any suggestions or help you can provide - I think it is great you are spending time here helping us out.

See above and good luck!

Peter

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peter - you have set my mind at ease!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts