Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wonder if anyones got any ideas on this? it may be a bit of a muddled ramble  :-\

for years now i've spotted before AF..dark brown 'old blood' - i used to think i had a problem with my luteal phase, low progesterone and hence no BFP's, still not sure about that..but i do now think the blood is leftover from the previous AF..i bleed quite heavily for about a day and a half, then it stops, then i have a bit of brown dribble for a couple of days and then nothing. then 3 or 4 days before the next AF i get the dark brown stuff. i did have accupunture last year and she reckoned i had a 'stagnated' something or other, poor blood flow and poor liver function ??? something must be out of kilter but not sure what..and  i cant afford the accu..it wasnt for fertility related reasons i went anyway, we got sidetracked ;)

ANYWAY i dont particularly suffer PreMT, def feel a bit off, but did start taking something a couple of months ago for that and it feels better (see below) but i DO feel soooo different for a good few days after AF..I'm on a short fuse, cross about anything and sometimes nearing rage over the simplest thing. why would this be? i dont really know the causes of PreMT, as in whats really going on in the body, what levels of what are low  but I'd really like to know what it is thats making me feel like this. I started taking siberian ginseng, agnus castus and liquorice root tabs a couple of months ago on the advice of someone who was using it for PreMT and i do think its helped that side of things..but i stop it when AF comes and re-start it after and i'm wondering if this is the problem..but i dont think i can take it all month :-\

I'm just wondering if the old blood/stagnating thing and the PostMT is related somehow..i just dont want to keeping feeling this anger, its not healthy :(

any wise words??

i should add i dont want to go to the docs as he will inevitably put me on the pill which i dont want..i would prefer to try and treat this 'naturally'

kj x

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi KJ

Can't really offer any words of wisdom, but to tell you that my AF's are EXACTLY the same. I also suspect a lutal phase defect and my progesterone levels (when monitored on IVF cycles) have always been all over the place....

No explanation has yet been found and as you can see, am giving TX a wide berth for the moment.

What if you went to the docs, point blank refused the BCP, and asked him to do some monitoring of your hormone levels at key points in your cycle? Might provide some answers?

Good luck and will follow your progress!

Anners
x

·
Registered
201 Posts
Before having my son my PMt was classic, gone as soon as AF arrived, bad again the week before she was due.  Now, it continuous.  It does go the day before/day of AF, but then the bad mood/short fuse is straight back again, I feel exactly like before!  Even my nipples were getting sore again, but that has gone now.  My mood will stay crap until I am well in to my fertile phase, and I get night sweats from AF to just before the EWCM really sets in, then around ovulation time I am pure evil!  Then its PMT until my days respite when AF arrives!  I thought it was because I wasn't ovulating properly but am on clomid and responding well and symptoms are the same.  i don't like myslef very much.  I think  have PND which is untreated so won't be helping, but all feels hormonal.  You are not alone!

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUMP!!
any more thoughts anyone..

kim x

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Kim

Like you I'm not sure if my AF/luteal phase is "normal".  My cycles are generally 24-26 days long and I get really  :'( & ^tantrum^ about day 21/22, co-inciding with some horrible dark brown blood.  Then nothing for a day or two (except still feeling ^eyes^:mad:), then AF arrives and usually only for 4/5 days (of which day 1 is really heavy, then light for the rest of it).  They didn't used to be like this, and I've never really suffered with bad PMT, but seems since this perimenopausal thing kicked in everything has changed.

Like you I don't like feeling this anger either ... it's just not me ... I am usually so placid.  My boss said yesterday I was really feisty and suspect he thought (but didn't say) the usual "must be the time of the month". 

I did take EPO for a few months, but I was advised by another FF not to take it in the 2ww as it can make the uterus contract, so I only take it for the first 10 days or so.

Just wanted you to know that you aren't alone, but I don't think I can offer any real help.  Maybe someone else will come up with some words of wisdom (if they didn't mind reading t.m.i.).

XXXX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts