Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I'm potty training my eldest at the moment.  Its been 5 days and only 1 accident in that time which was at nursery.  So I am really proud of her but.....

.......I am really worried by how often she is weeing (personally I think its the novelty of it all).  She literally wants to jump straight back on the potty after having done one.  Most of the time she sits there for about 5 mins and does another (although only about a tablespoon or two)  I am trying not to be too dismissive of this as I don't want to undo all the hard work which has now paid off.  What I am really worried about is venturing out of the house if she is weeing so frequently or will this be a good thing to try and train her to hold it and do bigger wees.  Also worried she might be doing herself some harm "trying" all the time?

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Karen x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Karen

I found this with Joe. He will do a wee and then 2 seconds later go back and do another one but only a dribble.
When we go out he seems to be able to hold it much longer and doesnt even run to the loo when we get in. I think its just recognising the feeling of wanting to go. I also think that where Joe has recognised the feeling of weeing he hasnt yet recognised the difference between a poo and a fart so runs to the loo when he thinks he wants to poo. They will get there its just getting the hang of it.

Joe doesnt bother with the stickers anymore either and he has for the last few days took his nappy off as soon as he has opened his eyes to do a wee. his nappy isnt that wet either so think we may be on the right track for dry nights too.

Well done to your eldest, its such a relief when they get there isnt it?

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kim

We ventured out today and she seemed to hold herself longer.  We've also moved the potty so she knows where it is but its not in direct sight so she's got to go to it from where she plays rather than have it too accessible.

When are you going to try for dry nights?  Good luck
Karen x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Karen
I dont think it will be very long. I would think in the next month or two maybe sooner.

Good idea about moving the potty. Joe uses the toilet downstairs during the day and he has his seat and step in there and i have the potty upstairs for the early morning ones like the 6.15 one this morning  ::) . I think it is more of a case of as its right close by so they tend to run in there more often.
Good luck  she is doing great.

Love Kimx  x

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi Karen

We've just been potty training Daniel and Charlotte and your eldest sounds very much like Daniel. In the end I upped the reward system for a 'giant' wee - he gets 1 chocolate button for a dribble but 3 buttons for a giant wee. It seems to have done the trick and they now have competitions to see who can produce the biggest wee (although as Charlotte can control her bladder so well that she sometimes only does 2 wees a day, she tends to produce really giant wees! ;D).

Good luck with it all.

Jules

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.