Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have bought a lovely robust pram for walks etc at home, but realise it's too big for travelling abroad. I have been googling and found the Maclaren Techno XT, which looks on paper as if it's OK from birth with a full reclining seat. But would it still be suitable for flights? They dont have them here, and I am looking at a second hand one on eBay which I can pick up in the UK on my first trip there with LO in August. So I need some input before hand on wether this is the right pram?

Main uses: for travelling, perhaps handy to pop in boot of car for quicky trips in shops.

Or do you have any other suggestions that are lightweight, folding and OK from birth?

Thanks a million ladies!

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Hiya,

Good choice! 

I have one as my second pram ... perfect for holidays ... my DS happily takes his nap in them.  Great for quick shopping trips etc ... highly recommend!

bels x

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bels!

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
BTW .. it is suitable from birth as lies flat  ;)

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
I have one too, it's not lightweight as such but is much lighter & easier to put up & down than a travel system. I love mine & use it now as my main pushchair, will be taking it to France with us too but that is in the car. My only concern on a flight would be it getting bashed in luggage control but if you wrap it well it should be ok :)

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Hiya Prof!

Mine's been on 3 flights and been fine .... I have been allowed to take it right up to the plane .....

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Oh well if you can take it up to the plane that makes a difference! The one's I've seen being chucked about by the baggage handlers  ::) :(

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Some places sell generic 'buggy bags' so one of these might help protect it when travelling.....  My buggy comes with it's own bag with handle so great for travel but it's not suitable from birth so I won't recommend it!  ^idiot^  ;D

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Oh gosh, yes I know what you mean Prof ... I have seen them being chucked around  :(

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know what you mean, I get through at least one case per year, usually replaced by the airline though...

I travel quite a bit, and hopefully LO will be able to come with me, which means the pram will probably get some plane abuse. Is the Maclaren good enough quality to stand up to some bashing, do you think?

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts