Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Today me and my husband recieved a letter from the IVF center to say we had reached the top of the list it was a nice surprise as we only got back from honeymoon yesterday;D I'm really excited and nervous, but my question is about the blood tests they have asked to ring on day 1 of my next cycle so that they can take blood on day 2,3,or4 what blood tests are they and why? Thankyou for your help :) love louise x ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Well done on getting to top of the list ! :)

The bloods you need to have done are your FSH, LH & Oestradiol which are checked at the beginning of your cycle.  This helps them decide, amongst other things, what dose drug you may require.

Your partner will also need to have an up to date sperm test (usually within the last 3months)

You & your partner will both need to have HIV, Heps B & C and some clinics also require Chlamydia to be tested.  These will need to no older than 1 year old before starting treatment.

If you have any questions then I'd give the clinic a call to confirm everything.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Minxy, Thankyou for your reply :), i feel better now for knowing, hubby is going for his test next week as last time he had it done it was about 2years ago!!
                              love Louise x

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi Louise,

Just wanted to add that our clinic also test for Syphilis, (VDRL). So that may be one you need to have too. Good luck with it all.

M&M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts