Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for results of SA and going for more blood tests tomorrow in prep for starting treatment at Gateshead in next month. 
Emotions changing every few days from cool, calm and rational - to anxious, scared and irrational! 
Always been a bit squeamish, but it seems that the more i hear about medical things, the more freaked out i get! 

How do you cope?

Lynds

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Lynds

We've just started treatment at Centre for Life in Newcastle (is that where you are?).  I've been taking Synarel for 3 weeks now and i'm due for tests on Tuesday before I start the injections.

I'm not feeling too nervous about the medical side of it.  They'll take you through everything and explain exactly what will happen and I found this helped a lot as the EC and transfer doesn't sound as bad as I had expected.

You may find that once you've actually got started you'll feel less anxious.  I talk to DH about it a lot and we support each other.  Also this site is brilliant as you can pick other people's brains!

Keep us posted on how things go.

Best wishes
Cat
xxxx

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Cat,

Thanks for your reply.  So many of the ladies on here have coped with so much that I feel like I've got nothing to complain about!
How did you find Synarel? 
My DH and I are going to Gateshead Centre for Reproduction - being such a wimp, my DH is coming with me for blood tests today!
Pathetic isn't it - I mean if I am going to give birth and few needles are nothing!
I also worry irrationally about the results! Silly girl!
We have done everything we can to have as little stress in our lives as possible, but I still have 'highly strung' moments! Lol!

Good luck with everything - stay in touch.

Lynds

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Lynds

I don't think you're silly for getting anxious - all this must affect different people in different ways and i'm sure everyone worries about the results! Anyway, I think it's nice if DH can go with you to the appointments. I don't think I could do it without mine! He's coming with me on Tuesday when I have my scan and bloodtest.

The synarel has been ok for me because i've not had any side effects. But because of that i'm really worried that it hasn't worked! I've been told that not everyone gets side effects, so I may just be lucky.... we'll find out on Tuesday! Taking the spray isn't too bad except that it doesn't taste very nice and it tends to run down the back of your nose!

All the best

Cat
xxx

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
I'll be joining this anxious band quite soon - we are due back to CfL in a couple of weeks for results of DH's 3rd SA, all our various blood tests etc .... really hoping to get tx started before October.
DH has a real needle phobia so I go with him for his tests, but I'm ok on my own for mine.... although I insisted that he come with me for my recent HSG test (I really don't want to go through that again).
I'm not at all keen on needles either myself - but I suppose it's a small price to pay for the hope that this treatment will give me for the family we both desperately want.
I understand that this is going to be a very stressful time for us as a couple, but I'm lucky I've the bestest hubby ever....and fantastic support from the lovely ladies here on FF.
Best of luck with your treatment.
Sheila

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
lindsey74

you are stronger than you think. you will do whatever it takes. i hate needles and managed to inject myself in the stomach every morning no problem at all, its weird!!! you will cope. you will have your ups and downs for sure but you get through it. keep the end goal in mind.

paul mckenna does some fab relax cds also natalhypnotherapy website does some specifically for ivf etc which i found helped my anxiety

good luck  ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts