Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who would normally have Prednisolone during their cycle, going ahead without it this time due to Covid? Also any success stories would be appreciated

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes I was on it in advance of cycle due to an injury and then reduced dose to 5mg for my cycle. I am 10 weeks now. But I have immune and thyroid issues. I was also exposed to Covid but didn’t get it but that’s just luck. You need to be extra careful. My dose was small at 5mg so I am not sure I would take any higher due to the risk with Covid.
Best of luck. I hope that’s helpful.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm about to do a FET with it. I was prescribed it by Siobhan Quenby's miscarriage unit in Coventry (I would definitely not take it atm if it's been prescribed empirically!). My fertility clinic had to have a meeting about it - they decided they couldn't prescribe it themselves but they would let me cycle with it if I could get someone else to prescribe it, which is what we're doing atm after my GP agreed to prescribe it. I'm going to be shielding while I'm on it, which is a pain but is possible work-wise (HR / Occupational Health have been really good) and sensible given the increased risk.

Sorry, I know that's not quite what you asked for - just wanted to let you know you might be able to access it via your GP, if you wanted to try to cycle with it. My biopsy results from Coventry were so awful that I didn't want to risk cycling without it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Thankyou for getting back both. The clinic tested me for antinuclear antibodies and as it was positive I was put on Prednisolone. I do not know what caused it to be positive and because it is low positive from what I gather I can go ahead without it. However Like you  ZC, I  took 5mg then 10 after transfer before Covid.

Thats interesting that my GP practice maybe able to prescribe it. I may look into that as I am nervous about going ahead without it as the clinic left it up to me to decide stating that they knew someone who had got pregnant without it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
They are still small doses  Some clinics prescribe up to 20 which I would be really concerned about as per the data on preds and immunes for assisted fertility.
I would rather be on it than not At a low enough dose and then take extra precautions. I finished at 10 weeks so that was a relief to be off it.
Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts