Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just been on the 'bun in the oven' 2nd trimester board and its really worrying me because I've been reading about everyone talking about their babies moving/ flutters etc. I can't feel a thing and it has really worried me. I am 17 weeks. I had an operation last November which left a large scar and some parts of skin on my tummy do not get any feeling. Could this be a reason?

Can anyone make me feel any better? I feel quite panicky and wished I'd never logged on to the board!

Hollie

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi hollie, please try not to worry i am on pregnancy number 6 and of the ones that went full term i had no feeling of movement till i was 20 wks+ even then i wasnt completely sure it was baby and not wind  ;D. in another 6 wks u wil be sayign u cant believe u couldnt feel anything and be awestruck at how much u can feel
love phillipa

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hollie

I am not a nurse but as I understand it the second trimester is not filled with a hell of a lot of pregnancy symptoms except movement and movement can take a whole different amount of time and degree not the least depending upon weight (apparently pre pregnancy overweight and underweight feel it more), abdominal sensitivity and even the level of morning sickness experiences in the first trimester has an effect and then every preganancy within the same woman is different. So I wouldn't be worrying too much...very easy to say I know

If you are really worried head up to the hospital and ask for a scan using the I can't cope with the uncertainty. When are you having your next scan?

Love
Megan

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Hollie

Please try to stop worrying ... I know that is easier said than done ... but please try.

Speak to your midwife .. who I am sure will be able to reassure you some more - that's what she is there for!

Remember that each and every pregnancy is different.

Love
Dee
xxx

PS - I didn't feel baby moving until over 19 weeks. xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hollie, I felt first feint movement at over 17 weeks....and even then was not sure if it was just a wind bubble! .  The stronger kicks come a lot later hun :)  xxx

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi all ~ i too was very worried to start with but my reassurance was hearing the heartbeat so i did ask on a few occasions just to go to the clinic to listen and then i was fine.

I didn't feel anything till about 22 weeks after scan at 21 weeks, its only been since this weekend if i put my hand on my belly long enough i will get a kick, DH still hasn't felt it, i didn't have the heart to wake him last night when bubbs wass doing somersaults!  ;D

I guess we are all individually different, you will feel it when you are ready

Zoe x

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies.
I have my 20 week scan beginning of November. I have rang the midwife who wasn't very comforting really. She didn't offer to listen to the heartbeat and just said theres nothing they can do until I've had my scan. Thanks again

Hollie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts