Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am nearly 14 weeks pregnant and after dropping  all hormonal support i dont have any pregnancy signs anymore apart from a little heartburn at night. I never really suffered from sickness. After a previous miscarriage i feel anxious all the time and the wait between scans is torture.

Am i within my rights to ring my maternity unit and request a scan or get advice. I feel like i am going crazy with worry all the time, i feel great after a scan and it lasts for about a week then im off worrying again! 

Please could you advise me, i really dont want to be wasting people's time at hospital.

Am i going mad ??????:(

·
Registered
371 Posts
Manda

I am not a nurse but everyone I know has said that pretty much any symptoms you have in the early trimester disappear aroung 13 weeks and nothing really returns for a while but having said that I would turn up and insist upon a scan to amke yourself feel better. Using the old catch phrase a happy mum makes a happy baby and that you don't feel that you can mentally manage without some reassurance.

In my opinion if youa re not turning up and asking for one every week then yes you should definately be entitled to one.

HTH
Megan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Megan,

Thanks for your advice. I am waiting on the hospital ringing me back to see if i can go in or not. I would feel much better when i know the baby is ok.

Thanks again, i really appreciate it  :)

Mand x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went to my maternity unit and expressed my concern. They scanned my and guess what! Bubs is fine. DP thinks im barmy! That will do me now until midwife visit 20.10.04. he he

Thanks to all for your advice. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts