Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm seven weeks pg after successful IVF with OHSS  ::).  For the past couple of days I've had pain passing stools (but they're not really hard) and pain passing wind, now it even hurts walking around or sitting down suddenly.  The pain is actually in my lower bowel (sorry about all the graphic detail!!!  ???

Do you think this is constipation?  :-[  I'm worried it could be more sinister since I had leep procedure for dysplasia six months ago (I'm due a follow up in Nov).

Won't be able to get to the doc for a couple of days so in the meantime any ideas would be grateful.

Debs
xxx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Hi,

Im sure that the nurses wont mind me answering half of your question :)

Constipation during pregnancy is very common and the usual rulles apply - so to avoid it eat plenty of high fibre foods like wholemeal bread, cereals and fruit & veg, and drink plenty of fluids, as well as gentle exercise like walking or swimming.

You should also try and drink at least 2 litres of water a day.

As far as the leep procedure goes - I have no idea. But I do think that you are having normal preg symptoms - as Mel had this too ;)

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Tony,
x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony, I went to the doctor today to put my mind at rest, and she gave me the same advice!  She pretty much said it wasn't related to the colposcopy, just a normal symptom!!  :)

Deb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts