1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hi all, I'm 31 and 12 weeks pregnant tomorrow thanks to the lovely people at Bourn hall.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hello! I'm also 31 and 8 weeks pregnant. We were at the Wymondham bourn hall, they were brilliant!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hi ssltw I see you had the dreaded OHSS in your signature too. Congratulations and happy 8 weeks.
How have you found your pregnancy so far?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yep I had a freeze all which prevented the worst of it, thankfully! It was still a long wait to have FET, but looking back the freeze all was the best way to go.
I've found pregnancy ok so far, I've had the usual tiredness and sore boobs, and some nausea but nothing too bad thankfully! How about you? Have you had your 12 week scan yet?

·
Registered
938 Posts
12 week scan is the 26th Jan, only a week to wait.
I have been physically sick twice, once christmas day and the other day but the tiredness has been the hardest by far. It is getting easier though

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi ladies, I'm 11 weeks + 1 today. I'm averaging attendance of one day a week at work at the mo thanks to morning sickness 😔 I've been really struggling but each passing day brings me a step closer the magic second trimester when I'm hoping it'll all get better. My little bump started suddenly last week & I had to go out & buy maternity jeans as even my leggings are uncomfy.
xxx

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi Kitkat! Sorry to hear you've been so unwell. I seem to be ok so far, I've been nauseous but not actually sick yet. But then I'm only 8 weeks so it may get worse yet! I've sneakily ordered some maternity jeans so that I have them ready as soon as my current jeans won't fit. I reckon within a couple of weeks I'll wake up one day and not be able to do them up, so I wanted to be prepared for it haha! I work from home so am currently sat in my trackie bottoms, so glad I'm not in the office so I can slob around as much as I need to  ;)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Oh no Kitkat. With my first I had morning sickness really bad so I feel your pain.
I'm going to have to go maternity clothes shopping very soon. My work trousers won't do up. I thought I could go up a size bigger, the next size is perfect in the waist but the legs are like parachute pants.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've had it pretty much since implantation, it was one of the reasons I knew it had worked & tested at 5dp5dt. It's steadily got worse over the weeks. I've just found out there's chickenpox going around at work so don't know if I should go in & risk that even if I do feel well enough tomorrow?

Ssltw I'm super jealous of working in trackies at home!

Bumpylady, I did exactly the same with leggings I bought - the next size up are baggy round the legs so not exactly leggings!! Need to order maternity leggings asap apparently they're even more comfy than maternity jeans. You should have seen my face when I tried the jeans on, couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Such a relief to finally find something other than a onesie that's comfy.

xxx

·
Registered
938 Posts
Haha glad Im not the only one who has done that. I am going to have to get some maternity clothes, I am living in my mc hammer parachute pants (work trousers) and pjs at the moment lol.

I wouldn’t risk going to work if there is chicken pox going about, our immune systems are lower in pregnancy. I am on my 3rd cold already

·
Registered
164 Posts
I stayed off work & contacted my midwife, she requested blood test to check my immunity & they can back showing I am immune to chickenpox so I can go back to work when I'm well enough. Also good to know for future that I don't have to worry when others have chickenpox, I can remember my dad having it as an adult & it was awful. I hope your cold is easing Bumpy, I'm so thankful I haven't had one yet - I suffer so badly when I get a cold & totally contract man flu so I'm dreading not being able to rely on lemsip! xxx

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hi ladies I think the old timers from bh don't come on here much these days think we are all busy with the babies!! I do keep an eye on bh so saw all you bfps congratulations xxx

It really does fly by, before you know it  you'll have a little person saying yes or no enjoy ladies! 😀

For those old bh that were my font of knowledge hello hope all is well with your families, Jane, loopy, pie pig, tam, honeybee. Part of me wants to go again but dont think it will happen my baby is not a baby now! Crazy how u r so grateful for 1 when it could have been so different yet your still effected by infertility that u dint get to just plan another no issues. To be left in the hands of fate

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Nics I check occasionally to see if any familiar names crop up again.

Enjoy your pregnancies ladies 😃

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sooooo happy to report I haven't been sick since Friday!!!

How are you all doing? xxx

·
Registered
938 Posts
Kitkat that's great news.
I am ok, had our 12 week scan yesterday. Baby was wriggling about. Due to the position they couldn't do the nuchal scan so have to go for a blood test at 16 weeks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Awww how exciting! Our scan at the hospital isn't until I'm 14 weeks & I can't wait that long so we have booked a private scan for this coming Saturday when I'll be 12 + 6, I'm ticking the days off! We've decided not to have the downs tests xxx

·
Registered
938 Posts
I wish I had never agreed to it now and may just leave the blood test. It's not compulsory and I don't want to stress over something that won't change my mind.
We see our baby moving and to me that was enough.

My 12 week scan was at 13 weeks so I know how the waiting drives you mad. Now baby looks like w baby and not a blob we are booking a 16 week private scan and hoping to get a quick view in HD.

I can't wait to hear about your scan, very exciting

·
Registered
164 Posts
We realised we wouldn't risk an amniocentesis so the nuchal test could just provide unnecessary worry. My midwife was a bit surprised when I said we didn't want the test when I was at my booking appointment.

Typically I have spoken too soon & the sickness is back with a vengeance again this morning! xxx

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hello to everyone!!

Congratulations on the recent bfp's

Hello to my old buddies if you ever lurk here...

Nics... I know what you mean, DS is such a special gift... What I would do to give him a brother or sister!! I had the FET which failed, I'm now down regging on a fresh cycle which omg is expensive!! If this doesn't work (which I prey will) will have to be the last attempt.. Do you think you will ever be able to go again? It's the horrible part of parting with thousands with no guarantee... For those that pop them out for free it feels so unfair!

All in all we are seriously all so so lucky to have our precious babies and those of you with bumps.. Enjoy every amazing second 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄 I love seeing all the happy stories!!

Hi hopefully soon.. Hope you are ok and getting on well??

Bfn
Honey bee x

1 - 20 of 55 Posts