1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I'll be the first then!! Hopefully somebody will join me soon!!

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
hello all xxx

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Hello all xx

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello girls, how are you both?

I;m sure more girls will follow soon.  I'm not from your way (i'm welsh) but anythng you need help with i'm here- if i can't help i will try to find the people who can.

good luck!

julsxx

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Good thanks how is everyone else? how is everyone finding parenting? We are just doing potty training interesting stuff x

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hi Jules

Hi Lou! How is the potty training going? At least the weather has been good for drying washing!!

Afm- well Noah is unbelievably 15 weeks old!! Its true what they say- it goes too quickly!! We are still bf'ing exclusively at the minute! Am thinking about my next move- contemplating giving some EBM or formula by bottle or not!! As I can't decide we are just carrying on for now!! Sleeping is very hit & miss- some nights he sleeps for 7 hours in a row & others only 3 (like last night!!). Havnt figured out the magic trick yet!!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
daisy - when you work out the sleeping let me know! we weren't doing too bad then everything went wrong :( then one day last week things got even better and we went from what had been up once a night to up a few times, then just wouldn't go down to the best night ever as he was suddendly up around 6 times between 7pm and 7am and needed a lot of settling in between
so if someone has the'magic trick' please let me know

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
daisy, guider- i heard the secret is ................. gin!! i might be wrong though  ;D ;D ;D

julsxx

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Juls78 said:
daisy, guider- i heard the secret is ................. gin!! i might be wrong though ;D ;D ;D

julsxx
for him or me ;D

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well if you are still breastfeeding you could kill 2 birds with 1 rather lovely stone!!!  ;D 

warning this is not a good idea at all!!!!

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Hi girls

Potty training is going well although I have not ventured out of the house with no nappies as yet, think I may need to try it and see what happens.

Re: Sleep it is very hit and miss Georgia is now 2 and still wakes sometimes in the night you just seem to get it right then something upsets the routine hey

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Juls78 said:
well if you are still breastfeeding you could kill 2 birds with 1 rather lovely stone!!! ;D

warning this is not a good idea at all!!!!
so how much will pass through, how many bottles do i have to drink to make sure he gets enough ;D

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Ummm- do u think famous name chocolates would have the same effect!! ;D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
daisy22 said:
Ummm- do u think famous name chocolates would have the same effect!! ;D
I hope you're not suggesting ruining perfectly good chocolate by adding anything else to it ^idiot^

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
hey girls

can i join you? i've lost track on my birth group so thought id join in here!

lou - good luck with the potty training, i've brought Libby a potty although she loves playing with it more than sitting on it!

daisy - lol at your gin/chocolate conversation! if i can help at all with bf'ing let me know (im a bf'ing peer supporter) :)

guider - sadly the sleeping thing can be hit and miss for a while, my dd didn't sleep thru until she was 14 months however she only woke for 5 minutes at a time for a quick feed once or twice so i didn't mind! ;)

love to everyone
Suze xx

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Hi Suze potty training is still hit and miss with us too, she will use it at home but seems to have stage fright anywhere else xx

Hope everybody else is good x

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
suze - hi, welcome to our group
i've given up on the whole idea of sleeping,
Sam has had
11 days of sickness,
12 days of no solid food
now we will just have to try and get sleep a bit better again, as you can imagine all things like that have gone to pot.

he finally stopped being sick on Tuesday
had rusks yesterday
and today has had rusk, porridge, sweet potato, cauliflour cheese and youghurt,
only letting him have little bits and regularly,
am now going to have to go through the stages again of discomfort while (.)(.) get used to major quick reduction in feeding as i managed to breastfeed him all through the last 2 weeks and at one point he was feeding every hour  :(

so have to start thinking sleep again, but not worrying for a while as he still isn't back to his normal self yet

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi ladies,

Guider: how is little Sam getting on?

We are in Leicester and spend quite a lot of time out and about on baby activities. I found 'netmums' which was really useful but it holds a lot of info so is just about as easy to navigate as FF! I now volunteer with them to help set up monthly meet ups for any 0-5s so if you fancy it, look it up or give me a shout. https://www.********.com/southleicesternetmums

I do also volunteer at our local SureStart in Aylestone but appreciate that might not be very local for many of you.

Any other tips on fun places to go (ideally for FREE!) gratefully received.

Best wishes,
Loops & Joe (2.5y, not quite understanding the potty game yet) xxxx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Hi Loopskig a few free things I do are garden centres (these are great at Christmas time as have lots of displays to view), Pets at Home, Surestart play and stays and then the normal parks, picnics.

Hope everybody else is ok?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts