Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
   l hope that you can help me. l had an anomaly scan today and they have said that they can' t see the babys kidneys fully working, although there is plenty of amniotic fluid and the babys bladder was partly full. l have had ICSI treatment and seemingly it can at times effect the kidneys. The woman did say that she thinks it is probably ok but wants to be sure. Have you heard of this, l have to go back in four weeks.
Thanks Lou

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Lou,

Sorry to hear you have had a bit of a time at the hospital today, i am sure they always have such good intentions telling us these things without realising the effects it has on us. I am sure baby is fine, they just tell us things so you know the full picture should you need too :-\

I am not fully aware on the implications of ICSI and the baby, maybe someone who has gone through ICSI will know more than me or maybe Jeanette can help you , sorry i cannot, i will try and find something out for you though.

Please try not to worry though i am sure in 4 weeks time you will see bubs and all will be well.

I will be thinking of you.

Mel

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Lou

Just to add onto Mel bit- there has been some recent 9July 2003) positive research relating to IVF and ICSI.

Log onto:

Bupa link

Hope this helps

Jeanette

1 - 4 of 4 Posts