Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I wondered if anyone has any info, or prev experience of this. I started bleeding suddenly last sat at 12w. It was v heavy (literally pouring out - sorry tmi). At a&e they said my cervix was open and they saw clots and it would likely be  mc. then at a scan on mon they said the cervix had not opened and baby still had a heart beat - i was still bleeding v heavily at that point.

the bleeding has calmed down and at a scan yesterday (at the early preg unit) the baby still had a heartbeat, thank goodness, but they also saw an area of bleed at the placenta. but no one could tell me why this had happened, or whether the bleeding could become really heavy again and what the risk of mc was now, or whether it has affected the baby. They also said they prob wouldn't scan me again until 20w and that I would just have the usual ante natal appts.

I had also had a nuchal scan the day before i started bleeding and that was all fine, no sign of bleed then, but the guy did poke my ab a lot and quite hard trying to make the baby turn around. I wondered if this could have caused a bleed?

sorry this is so long, but feel a bit lost - they did say to stay in bed for 1-2 weeks, but that was all they said. My booking in appt is on 29 july and they say they are too booked up to see me sooner.

thanks for any help
spider xxxxxx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Spider

Just wanted to say that I am so pleased to hear the news that your body has settled down, I was so upset for you the other day. I'm afraid I can't offer any help apart from to say I was talking to my friend yesterday and she was telling me how she bleed throughout her pregnancy (her son is 7 years old now). I also wouldn't be surprised if the docter did cause this irruption.

Takecare

Love Hollie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Hollie - it has been horrible, but I so hope it is calming down now, won't be happy till I am scanned again, at least at booking in appt on 29th if not before. and when bleeding completely stops.

love spider xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

I had spotting at 8 weeks then a bleed at 12 weeks, which i was kept in hospital for overnight. Luckily the scan showed everything was ok with the baby. The nurse said that some people do bleed when af would have been due, & that it is very common...doesnt help ease your mind at the time though. My son will be 1 year old in a couple of weeks time.
Can u see your midwife to see if she can ease your mind any??
All the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Karen, I don't have a midwife yet, that's part of the prob, no one to speak to and no ongoing care. I see you were kept in overnight, I thought maybe they weren't keeping an eye on me (went to the early preg unit but they didn't help either, said just wait for booking in appt) because I was only 13w and so wouldn't do much at this early stage.

the bleeding has got heavier again, so I'm going to try the early preg unit again tomorrow, but last time they couldn't give us an appt for 4 days.

spider xxx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Spider

If it doubt go to your GP and get him to send you to EPAS. Or give your Fertility clinic a ring for advice.

It is a horrid time at the moment for you, they do seem to molly coddle for a while and then you are just abandoned to get on with things.

Clare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts