Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is it normal to feel quite low in the first few weeks of pregnancy?  I am normally such a positive person but have been feeling very tired, not wanting to eat much and feeling quite low.  I have experienced 3 miscarriages previously and never felt like this before - perhaps I am worrying that this will end in the same way.  Is it true that if you see a strong heart beat in the 6.5 week scan that you are less likely to miscarry?  In all our other pregnancies that ended in miscarriage we never saw a heartbeat but this time we did.  I have another scan on the 20th of December so need to hold out for another two weeks.  I know I should be happy that I am pregnant but can't seem to shift living in a kind of limbo state.  Any advice would be really appreciated as I know I need to shake myself out of this low feeling.

Michelle

·
Registered
453 Posts
I read this and knew exactly how you felt !! Its so rough isn't it ? Your hormones are all over the place, you are scared to get excited and your body is ( seems ) playing tricks with your head. If you are feeling really low speak to your G.P he may well be able to help with extra scans or someone to talk to. The great thing is you have seen the heartbeat and they say that the rate of m/c when seen is 1% ! Thats pretty good odds. I wish you well and hope the first few weeks pass quickly and you can start to feel more positive.
Lots of Love to you
Tj x 

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I've also heard from several sources that seeing the heartbeat is an excellent sign.  But also wanted to reassure you that I found the first few weeks really stressful and worrying and I know loads of the other girls have done too - you feel too scared to be pleased and excited and then feel bad because you seem ungrateful to be pg, but seems that we're all in the same boat.  The worrying doesn't go away but you get used to it and learn to be anxious and excited and happy at the same time!  And those hormones are going CRAZY so don't beat yourself up.....just have to roll with the punches a bit, you'll feel better soon.
good luck and congrats!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts