Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i hope u can help.
I recently had minor surgery and was not given antibiotics because i am pregnant but now it does look like i  need to take pennicillin (spelling ?).  Is this safe to take during pregnancy? 
Any advice would be most appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Sky

I'm not a nurse but I have taken antibiotics whilst I was pregnant.  They are perfectly safe so long as they are precribed antibiotics from your doctor.

Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Sky2

some antibiotics are safe in pregnancy just remember to remind the Doc that you are pregnant and they will check before prescribing.

Take care now

Love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hiya

I am not a nurse but I believe penicillin is fine for pregnancy.  In fact my sister had to take it for an infection during pg even though she is allergic to it because they believed it was the safest thing.

I was prescribed amoxycillin which I believe is penecillin based at one time because there was a possibility of pg.

Hope that helps

Clare

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Sky

Yep, some are safe and some aren't.  I've had both oral and IV antibiotics whilst pg.  So long as the prescribing doctor knows you are pg it'll be fine as he'll give you the type that are safe in pregnancy  ;)

Get well soon.

Love

Jayne x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts