Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

This past week we have been blessed with a miracle BFP after two and a half years of trying since my last miscarriage.  We were due to start IVF/ICSI this month but I had raised FSH levels in my baseline bloods this cycle so dh and I had made the decision not to go ahead and to pursue adoption instead.  I did a HPT just before I was due to ring the adoption agency . . . could not believe it when I had TWO pink dots!   ^BFP^

Anyway, since finding out I have been so stressed and nervous that something could go wrong that I've hardly had any sleep.  I've tried deep breathing and listening to a relaxation CD but to no avail.  I'm not sure what else I can do to help me relax that is OK during pregnancy (e.g. a large glass of brandy is out of the question!!!).  I am worried that worrying itself could cause me to miscarry again - is there any evidence for this at all?

I would be so grateful for any tips you can give me - I've got an early scan booked for Tuesday at the recurrent miscarriage clinic so that's my first hurdle to aim for.

With all my thanks,

Angel

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
What fantastic news!  ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^

Now get a grip!!  Have you tried acupuncture?  - can still have it during pregnancy apparently. There are lots of postings about it on the alternative therapies pages.

I really, really hope you can chill out & enjoy this pregnancy - you've obviously had a really tough time.  Let's hope this one is a little fighter!

Good luck & best wishes!    ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Jess x

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

Jess - thanks for your good wishes and best of luck to you too with your IUI being successful! ^fairydust^

Just another question if anyone out there knows the answer - can you safely drink herbal teas in pregnancy?  I read on one website that camomile can be a uterine stimulant but I was hoping I would perhaps be able to drink the stuff to help relax.

I've still not managed more than three hours sleep a night - I wish I could 'get a grip' ! - I am not sure what remedies you can safely take in early pregnancy. 

Any tips and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Angel

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi Angel,

I really sympathise with you. If you have had a miscarriage it is very difficult to 'just relax' or 'get a grip' in a subsequent pregnancy because you are naturally scared. Sometimes one cannot relax more until the scan. Sometimes we never fully relax. Your worrying will not harm the pregnancy - it will just make you feel knackered. Hoever, it is better for you if you can find a couple of strategies to cope. It is ok to recognise that you are very frightened.

If you can try to distract yourself as much as possible with music, a short walk, breathing exercises etc. These will not take the worry away, but may fill in some time before your scan.

I am really glad you are attending the RCM clinic. Please tell them your worries and maybe they can help you. Maybe you could talk to other people perhaps. I know I found the women at the Miscarriage Association very helpful, as they understand what you are going through.

I really don't think you should drink any herbal teas as wouldn't trust them in early pg

Here are a couple of links for info.

http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/159_529.asp

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/refcap/539919.html#2

Wishing you the best

Daisy
x

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hiya Angel,

I totally agree - after a m/c, there is certainly no way you can 'Get a Grip!' - it must be surely impossible! 

I'd perhaps try a relaxation CD, or acupuncture (make sure you mention you're pregnant) and perhaps arrange a scan at 6 weeks, so you can see for yourself theres a little bubba in there!  ;)    If your local NHS dosent do early scans (they should, especially as you're tried for so long) you can go private - my local private hospital charges £40.  ;)

Congratulations, and I wish you all the best!

Marie xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.