Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Wonder if someone can help, I ate philidelphia cheese this morning, it is a soft cheese but its pasturized, is this a cheese you shouldn't eat when pregnant?? (I am 2 months pregnant). I am worried anout this. Also I am confused about mayonaise, most things in sandwich shops etc come with a lot of mayonanise, is this safe to eat?

Last question...........if you do eat a soft cheese by mistake (I ate stilton, which I know is wrong, by mistake) has it damaged the baby?? I can't stop thinking about this. What sort of damage could this cause and if so is it immediate or would I not know about the damage until the baby was born?

Thanks

Hollie

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Hi Hollie,

Im sure the nurses wont mind me butting in ... so here goes........

We were told that home made mayonaise is not good and should be avoided - but hellmens is fine :)

Also, its rare to contract a Listeria infection through soft cheese these days - and unless you have heard that the cheese has been recalled then you will have no need to worry. However it would be best to avoid it in the furture ;)

Should you get mild like flu symptoms then let your GP know so he can run some tests just incase.

Hope that helps :)

Tony,
x

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply,
bascially if I was ill afterwards then it would be a concern?

Hollie

·
Registered
665 Posts
I can only ditto Tony....i was told Hellmans was ok too but any homemade mayo was a nono.

luv
juels xx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
HollieHotLips said:
Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply,
bascially if I was ill afterwards then it would be a concern?

Hollie
Yep :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts