Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knew whether you still get endometriosis pain when you're pg?  I did an hpt yesterday and got a bfp (thrilled!) but i'm getting lots of my usual af/endo type pain.. with some tugging today.

Thanks for your help,
Petlamb xx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi petlamb,

If its any consolation, i've got the same type of pains- sort of af/ weird draggy sensations going on. (tested positive yesterday)

Throgh looking through some of other peoples experiences -it sounds like its perfectly normal- i imagine there will be so many changes taking place right now with the embies getting settled in- so try not to worry too much-
easier said than done i know!!

Take care

MomoXX

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Petlamb

Glad I spotted this, hope i can reassure you.

Firslty congrats on your BFP, you must be over the moon!

When I was just over 5 wks pg I had some really excruciating endo type pain for about 48 hours.

As I had had a previous early m/c I was convinced it was happening again.

Went for an early scan & all was OK.  The only conclusion they could come to was that the endometrial cyst on one of my ovaries had collapsed.

This kind of early twingey / af type pain is really common & if you do have some adhesions / cysts then things are moving about in there so I reckon you can expect to feel it!

This is something Drs will not tell you because it was thought that endo is supposed to be "cured" by pregnancy, this is a myth, I beleive!!!

It is true your actual endo should reduce or certainly not get worse during the course of your pg.

It's OK to take paracetamol if you really need something, by the way.

Good luck with everything, hope the rest of your pg goes smoothly,

Vicky xxx

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both of you - so relieved to read your replies.

Great to hear that you are also getting these pains Momo (I mean that in the nicest way possible, not that I want you to be in pain!) as we are both at the same stage - best of luck with you xx

Vicky, everything you say makes sense also as I did have a cyst on one of my ovaries before EC and also had adhesions before they were zapped at my last laparoscopy in March.. I could easily have grown more now (lucky us eh).  What a shame pregnancy doesn't 'cure' endo as many would have us believe!

Thanks again girls, I feel much better now.
Take care xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts