Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been reading on this site that you shouldn't have hot baths when pregnant. I have been having warm to hot baths (they haven't been really hot) because we don't have a shower, have I harmed the baby?? why hasn't my midwife warned me about this, if it is a problem?? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hollie

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I had hot baths throughout pregnancy as our shower kept breaking and it did no harm at all, except give me a gorgeous daughter! That baby is in a very protected environment so don´t worry, but you can always ask your midwife aswell.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Hollie

I had my baths at around the same temperature as what you seem to be saying yours are, and had no problems. 

I think the reasons given for avoiding really hot baths are that you could get too hot and thus your baby gets too hot and there are risks to the baby similar to a newborn overheating.  I imagine the bath would have to be very hot though - I know saunas and hot tubs are definitely not recommended. 

I'm sure what you've been doing is fine, and has caused no harm at all to your baby  ;)  I prefer baths to showers and bathed all the time, including during my 2ww!

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hiya

I have been having warm/hot baths since after the 2WW and so far everything seems to be fine.  In fact the only side effect of a bath is feeling wonderfully relaxed and having some of the weight taken off by the support.

My neighbour has a hot tub and continued to use this throughout her pregnancy with no ill effect.  She was advised to get out if she felt too warm in it.  I got the impression from her that the main issue with public facilities was the chemicals.  Having said that I defo would not go as a far as a hot tub without speaking to a MW.

Take care

Clare

1 - 4 of 4 Posts