Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope someone can help me as im so confused.
i am 18+4 wks today but i am certain i havent felt what i would call a baby movement for over a week, but i am an extremely fat woman, seriously overweight, so would this make a difference in feeling the baby kick?
also i sleep on my stomach as i have a lot of back pain , is it poss that i could do the baby some damage because of me being so very large? i am terrified but dont want to go to the hospital as i feel that if i do get there and all is ok 1 i have wasted the hospitals,midwives and my time and 2 it costs me around £10. to get there and back, also if i do go and something is wrong what can they do? nothing and the gynae ward that i would have to attend in lincoln is an hours drive from home so i would have no family or friends near me and it is also a HORRENDOUS place, very insensitive and just not nice, (sorry to ramble but it really is vile),.
i hope soemone can help me as i just doont know what to do and my other children are suffering because i am so intent on trying to feel the baby move.
thanks phillipa

·
Registered
52 Posts
Phillippa, I hope you are feeling better since and that you have felt movement . How long have you been feeling movement for prior to this?I would ring the doc and see what he or she says? I think you need to put your mind at rest and dont worry about wasting anyones time- that is what they are there for! Good luck Love Johanna

Sorry I am of no more help!

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hi Phillipa
It's been a while since I was pg (ds now 12 yrs) but I used to get worried too hon as to whether I'd felt him move.
I was also a bit overweight and was told this makes no difference at all to your feeling the baby, they are felt inside anyway, and you don't need to have a protuding "bump" for all to see to prove the baby had moved.
I'm not a nurse, and admit times have changed a helluva lot since I had my bubs, but if you are worried sweetheart please do call the hospital.
I ended up filling in a cardiff kick chart (don't know if they still use them?) as at 33 weeks my ds movements seemed to have slowed down, and I was worried.
I went in hospital one day worried sick, as I was sure I hadn't felt him move.
They strapped me up to a monitor and the graph charted the movements.
They needed 10 (I think) to show he was ok.
Within the first 2 minutes he proceeded to somersault, cartwheel, kick, punch and generally make me look a right wally! :-[
I'm glad I went though, as it put my mind at rest.
Try and relax, easier said than done, and why not try a nice relaxing bath. I don't know about you but my ds used to get really active when I had a bath, did this happen with your other pgs?
Take care sweetheart and try not worry.
Take care :-*
Angel
XX

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Phillipa

I'm sure everything is fine hun. I didn't feel Jack move until 21 weeks and even then it wasn't every day. It's only after 28 weeks that you get daily movement and start to feel a pattern to things. I felt Ben a lot earlier (14 weeks), but again, no real pattern and not daily until after 28 weeks.

Probably not best to sleep on your tum much past now, if you are able. Sure it's been okay up until now though.

Maybe have a word with your midwife/gp to put your mind completely at ease. That's what they are there for afterall, and if you come away having been reassured then you've wasted nobody's time.

Take care.

Jayne x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi everyone and thank you so much for all your kind and very reassuring replies, i feel much more reassured now.
my midwife team only deal with emergencies at weekends and no way am i going to lincoln but my mum, bless her, says it is because the baby is in my back that i am getting so much back trouble and that is also why i dont feel as much movement, im sure she is right. i ahve a scan booked for 3rd aug so i am going to just keep calm, i hope, till then and wait and see what they say.
thank you again
you ahve all made me feel so much better.
phillipa ^thumbsup^

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Phillipa

Just to let you know I felt my baby move from sixteen weeks. I was told it all depends on how your placenta lies. My was on the back of my uterus so I was told I would feel the baby move alot more than someone who's placenta was on the front as it acts like a cushion.

I hope this has helped. Take care and the best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Natalie xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Phillipa

I hope that u r having a peaceful night sleeping hopefully!!

I just wanted to add its good that u have a scan on august 4th, but if ur concerned at all thru the continuation of lack of movements i would contact ur medical professionals

Perhaps speaking to ur gp on the phone or something may put ur mind at rest.

I think what Jayne said is perhaps true as they do tend to move about more when ur relaxed and how much more relaxed do u get than when ur asleep!!

I hope i have helped a little hunny

love and best wishes

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Emily - It was actually Heat that said that ;) :) Although I do agree with that statement. My babies definitely moved a lot more at night time. Then again, I think you feel it more whilst relaxing anyway, because you can concentrate on the tiny movements more than when you're rushing about getting things done.

Jayne x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi just wanted to thank everyone again for their advice and to say that natalief you were right. i had my scan today and my placenta is on the front of my tummy and he is very very far back, she said he was pressed tight into my back so that was why i dont feel as much as most.
thanks again for your wonderful replies
phillipa

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Phillipa - Glad all went well with the scan, and that you are now reassured.

Jayne x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts