Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am 9 weeks pregnant and don't feel sick. I am worried the fetus isn't growing because I haven't enough hormones floating about. Everyone I know has felt sick when they are pregnant and people keep asking me if I feel sick yet and when I say no they are surprised. Isn't feeling sick meant to be a good sign? Not being sick is making me feel like its a bad sign, can anyone help by reassuring??
Does anyone know when most women start to feel sick?

Hollie

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi i had a baby girl born in 2003 and was sick all the time in the weeks between 10 and 20. now i am pregnant again just found out its a boy i am 23 weeks and hardly been sick at all maybe once so i wouldnt worry to much about it every one is different

good luck
kim :)

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Hollie

I was like you...NEVER felt sick....NEVER was sick....its ok :)

Your one of the lucky ones ;)
L
Love Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hollie

I wasnt sick at all with Joe didnt even believe i was pregnant at first. I never had sore boobs nothing. As the others have said everyone is different. My sister couldnt keep a drop of water down when she was pregnant with all of hers.
Dont worry just be relieved.

Love Kimx xx

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Hollie,

Im just over 17 weeks pg and ive not had any sickness or feeling sicky. We are the lucky ones ;D

Take Care

Susan xx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Hollie

You take care and don't fret now, although that's easy for me to say as I am fretting myself because I have had no nausea and my boobs are hardly sore now (I estimate I am about 6 weeks - waiting for scan on 23/08).

Thank you Kim, Amanda, Woppa, Susan and Kim for your responses - I feel heaps better reading them.

Hang in there Hollie...we'll get there hun ;) . When is your next scan?

Odie
xxxx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Hollie,

When my older sister had her two girls she never felt sick and was never actually sick and the same happened when my younger sister had her little girl. A few friends of mine that have recently had babies none of them had any kid of sickness either, so try not to worry to much I know it's not easy but every women has different symptoms.

Take care wishing you lot's of luck & best wishes.

Love
Tammy
xxxxx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Hollie,

If you look back over old posts of mine, you will see I asked virtually the same question... and the same lovely people helped put my mind at ease, and now I can become one of those!!

I had zero nausea, the closest I got was slight appetite change for a couple of weeks, where one day I fancied veg and the next I didn't, but it was a case of just not fancying it, it didn't make me feel sick.

And I am now 24 weeks pregnant with a very healthy baby girl and definitely count myself lucky that I didn't have hardly any symptoms in the early weeks!

It's easier said than done but I assure you that your lack of nausea doesn't mean a thing, everyone is different!

Good luck and here's to the rest of your pregancy being trouble-free too!! ;D

Lots of love, Jen xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Hollie,

As Woppa said, I wasn't sick at all with Iestyn, I spent the whole of the first trimester wishing sickness and sore boobs on myself - anything to let me know something was going on!

Kimric spent all that time reassuring me she was the same with Joe, as did Hawkeye with her little girl Elizabeth.

As the pregnancy continued, I soon felt grateful that I hadn't had any symptoms, so learnt to just enjoy the whole experience.

I have now just started an ICSI cycle for another little miracle and already am saying to myself, I hope when I get preggers I have the same luck as first time around - no sickness.......... I can't bear the thought of feeling or being sick when I have Iestyn to look after, so you know what's going to happen...........

All the best with your pregnancy - enjoy every moment, it soon wizzes by!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dear Hollie

I could have written your post myself! I had been worrying myself to death that there was something wrong as I never really felt sick - everyone asks me the same questions and I was beginning to feel a bit unsure. I have suffered a bit of nausea and my appetite has changed a bit, but apart from that, nothing. I had a scan yesterday (9 weeks, too) and all was fine! My doc said that not everyone feels sick, so try and relax a bit (but I really do know how you feel). I guess everyone is different and there are those of us who are just lucky enough not to cop it!

I was really pleased to read some of the posts in response to your question!

Good luck.
Love
Joanna

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Hollie
Im currently 26 weeks pregnant and never felt sick - just extra hungry for the first 12 weeks or so.  I didnt have sore boobs either. In fact I felt just fine.

Good luck and congratulations.

Flakey x

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hollie

As everyone has said don't panic, believe me not being sick is much preferable to feeling it!  Everyone is different and each pregnancy is different.  My mum-in-law ended up in hospital as she could not keep anything down with DP but in her next pg she was much better, my sister sailed through her pg with no probs.  As for me, I have had two weeks of sickness but feeling much better and liking it that way!

Good luck
LindaJane

1 - 12 of 12 Posts