Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to be a nuisance and hopefully I'm just being paranoid - but never having got this far before I still feel as scared as when I was on the tx.

Anyway I would just like to find out if some lower abdominal pain during pregnancy is normal. We're not talking agony here just general aches and pains and a sharp pain a bit like being pinched. No bleeding, no continual pain - it just happens sometimes.

I'm sorry if I'm being stupid - I am fairly ignorant of this stage of events!!

Many thanks for taking the time to listen

love
Kerry

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Kerry

For the first few months I had a lot of lower pain a bit like AF arriving, but was told this is stretching pains.  I did get quite bad which is a worry.  The pains started on the day I did my test.

If you feel really worried call your clinic.

Love SUZ
XXXXX

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hey Kerry

Sorry to read you are worrying - but don't apologise you have every right to worry after everything you have been through to get this far.

Hope I can reassure you a little ... general aches and pains, along with the odd sharp one, are perfectly normal.  There's a lot going on in there and things need to stretch and move around to accomodate your growing family.
If the pains start to worry you loads, or if they become severe, speak to the clinic or your GP.

Hope this helps a bit, hun

Loads of love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

PS - I am told that the worrying lasts for at least 18 years!  ;)

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear dee and Suz

Thanks for the replies girls - I will try not to worry but the time between scans seems like ages and it all still seems so impossible that I'm here!!

DH is insisting I take it easy - so am going to make the most of it and put my feet up over the weekend.

love to you both

Kerry

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Kerry,

I'm sure you can't be as paranoid as I was - it became my middle name!

Aches and pains as the others have said do come with the territory, but do not allow yourself to get too stressed if they are really worrying you and get yourself checked out - always better to put your mind at rest!

I will warn you now, coz they scared the sh*t out of me - when I was around 12wks preggers, I started getting some really sharp pains and twinges really low in the 'crutch' area - often referred to on here as Crotch Zingers!  Apparently they are perfectly normal, but my mind played havoc with me and my imagination ran wild, worrying that I had an incompetant cervix etc..... but my MW very quickly reassured me it is just the ligaments stretching and various pressures being applied in a constricted area.

Still ssssssooooooooooo chuffed for you! xxxxxxxxx

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sue

Thank you darling you are an angel - just shown Dh these post and he's loads happier too. What would we do without you girls.

Saw from your profile you have had some difficult news to come to terms with. Really sorry things didn't work out the way we all would have wished for you. I know Iestyn will be the most loved little boy in Bristol - if not the world!!

Take care of yourself and I'm sending you huge hugs

love
Kerry

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am glad i read this post today as i was going to post something similiar but Sue you have described exactly what pains i am having and i have just got to 12 weeks.

Thanks for that this post has really put my mind at rest now.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi
  from about 8 weeks of being preg i started getting pains it felt like quick sharp stabbing pains that come and go and some were relay painfull  i was sent for a scan a few times but everything was fine it was due to stretching i am now 34 weeks prego and i still have the pains now but now i find it hard to open and close my legs an lift them i cant wait for it all to be over and back to normal again take care baby wisper

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Kerry

Must be something in the water at the mo .... I've had a post on here in the past couple of days with regards to pains in the lower ab.  My MW came out to see me today and just reassured me it was ligaments stretching ... just as all this wonderful girls on here had told me  :-*

I'd been quite worried all weekend as the pains had been quite severe at one point now it all seems to be all included with the 'joy' of pregnancy.  :p  (I got to hear both my beanies heartbeats today tho when the MW came out so it made the pains over the weekend all worthwhile  ;D )

Are you expecting twins? (I've been nosey at your Lilypie meter)  You should pop over to the Twin Bumps thread sometime - they're a lovely bunch over there and we're all expecting two lovely little babies so we all have something in common ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Hope your aches and pains aren't too bad now and hope to see you soon in Twin Bumps Pt 7

Love & hugs
Kate xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts