Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was luck enough to get a BFP last week on my first go at IVF. However I'm still getting stomach pains, like I did before the positive, kind of sharp, twisting pains - almost muscular low down in my stomach, often when I move. Do you think I should give the clinic a call? I know it's really early days and I have heard from pregnant friends that you so get pains in early pregnancy but they don't seem to be subsiding as much as I would expect. Also I'm quite bloated, I was told I wasn't at risk of OHSS but could it be that so much later than et s the symptoms seem quite like on the sheet I got?

I am also in a bit of a tizz about ectopics as I have blocked tubes and have heard this can make ectopics more of a worry and my mum had one and nearly died.

Any advice really welcome
Thanks,
Ruth

·
Registered
371 Posts
HI there Ruth

Congratulations and I can confirm that twinges and shotting pains are very normal in early pregnancy. It is your uterus and bit moving around to accomodate your little bubba. It all does expand a dmove around a lot in those first few weeks. I was also very bloated and couldn't get my comfy favourite black trousers done up by the 6week stage.

With OHSS you would be feeling quite nauseous as well. How many follies did you have?

Hope this helps and try to relax and enjoy it too. Won't be long now and you will see that little heartbeat

Good Luck
megan

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Megan,
Your reply is very reassuring. I only had 15 follies and 10 eggs so they said I wasn't at risk of OHSS. I suppose what worries me is that the pain comes when I visit the loo (sorry tmi - but like a muscular pain not any kind of burning etc so presume not uti) and also if I get up to quickly - like a twisting. I do also feel nauseous but presumed that was the cyclogest and the hormones.
Hmmm perhaps I should get checked out next week if it's still like this? I presume if it was a uti I would have burning or changes in output so to speak?? I suppose I am a bit worried ec might have left me with an infection - but I did take all the antibiotics - ahhhh am all in tizz now, will sign off.
Sorry
Ruth

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ruthh,  Funny enough im having exactly the same symptoms as you.  I had a positive test Thursday and I would say since yesterday afternoon abdo cramps and nausea have gotton worse.  I have had pain in my abdomen for the last week and it almost feels like really bad AF pains.  Im going to the clinic in an hour anyway for a blood test so i'll ask them if its normal.  Be in touch with you soon.

Lynmark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ruthh,
just got back from hospital unfortunately it was a nurse on the gynaecology ward who saw me for a blood test but I still asked her the question.  She seemed to think it could be the cyclogest suppositories are you taking these?  Got home and done another pregnancy test anyway just to reassure myself and its still very strongly positive.  I should hear from the clinic monday if my hcg levels have dropped hopefully everything will be ok.  Have you had your blood tests yet?  on reading posts it seems to be that all the clinics can vary in what they provide in treatment.

Can I ask you a question how do work out your delivery date as im confused is it 38 weeks from EC or from ET.
Thanks
Lynmark

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi girls

Try not to worry about the pains. I was told that it is your body adapting to being pregnant.
I had pains for first 11 weeks and i too was in agony a lot while doing a wee. I was checked out for a urine infection but i didn't have one.
If you take off one week and then count 9 months from ec you will get your due date. so if ec was 9 th Nov subtract 7 days= 2nd nov+9 months=2nd Aug

Best wishes to you both
Fiona
PS My clinic didn't do any pregnancy blood tests

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your responses, I'm glad it's not just me and seems to be normal.
My clinic don't do blood tests either, just an hpt and then scan at 7 weeks so hanging on for that hoping everything's OK.
My best to you both
Ruth

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
It's quite a relief hearing someone else is getiing this pains too, there is a website that will tell you the due date. they work it out from EC

http://www.ivf.ca/calcu.htm

Hope this helps xxx my clinc does Bloods as soon as you get your BFP or BFN so yes I agree every clinic is different.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi All

I am 6 weeks pg and right from expecting my af I have had on and off af like pains. The hospital didnot seem to concerned as there is no bleeding. They did not say what it could be, but others have said it is your uterus streching which can cause those cramping type of af pains! I was really worried on friday :-\as I got them really badly just before my scan and i thought something really bad was happening :(but then the scan showed heart beat and everything seemed normal. :)

I really think some ladies just feel the twinges and pains mroe than others, it is only natural to analyse them. I have bought a hot water bottle as it helps when I get the twinges to relax the muscles in the abdo area a bit

Hope this helps!
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Kitty

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi

I too have been getting lots of twinges especially when I need the loo - clinic say this is quite normal as ovaries are still huge and will still cause twinges for a little while - also ligaments stretching etc.

Jenni x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts