29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New home Ladies, Bumps and gorgeous babes

Happy Chatting

Emxx

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hello Mintie, saw you on the Part 4 version of this.  nice to have you along here.
tiger 24 - I forget where you're at as well.  I'm at 15+a bit now (see ticker below for the latest) and m/s is still here but I am managing to deal with it and then function.  But another mate told me hers lasted to 25 weeks!  OMG! oh well...just have to crack on with it really.  trying the drugs, eating strategies, all sorts....  dull now so keen to hear about other people's news instead.

xx

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Girls  :)

Have not wrote for a while ,but have been keeping up with all your news.

Well life has been great with my little girl Aoife ,She is 16 months old now and full of life .
Its been one life changing experience having a baby running around the house after all the years of just myself and the DH.

If that was not amazing enough we found out on Saturday that i am pregnant ,My god it was a major shock as far as we were aware i could never conceive naturally ,Even my poor doctor got a fright .
Went for a scan 2day as it was impossible to date the pregnancy as i have had only two periods since i had Aoife 16 months ago .
It works out i am 9 weeks pregnant and boy do i feel it ,The morning sickness has returned with a bang .
On Aoife i had it for 20 wks .

I hope you are all doing well, Just wanted to let you all know.

All the best
Jackiep

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow Jackiep - that is amazing news - congratulations  ;D  What an unexpected but fantastic shock - you must be over the moon.  Congratulations.    Here's hoping you have an uneventful 9 months with a gorgeous baby at the end of it!

Tiger24

ps.  Mil - good luck for your move this week, hope it goes well.

·
Registered
442 Posts
wow Jackie, how exciting is that....and a freebee to boot  ;D well done you!
how do you pronounce your daughter's name?

m/s until 20 wks first time?? OMG  - I am 16 wks and still being quite sick.....hoping it's going to end......but been warned it could last to 25 wks or even all the way.....!  :(
one mate of mine had major m/s first time and almost nothing second so your m/s coming now could be short term if you're lucky!

another girlfriend had twins via ivf having been told she would never have one naturally....5 years later....a daughter! surprise!

congrats again!! what a treat for you.
xx  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Girls

Thanks for the congrats .

DD1 ,My daughters name is Irish and you pronounce it E FA ,In Irish it means radiant and beautiful.
The English version is Ava.
I hope my ms will not last as long as before ,cause as you well know its a nightmare. 

All the best
Jackiep xx  :) :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Jackie - Wow that's fantastic!

Congratulations you must be over the moon. What a wonderful surprise.

All the very best
vivien

·
Registered
166 Posts
Jackiep - I have a friend with 3 daughters - Niamh, Aoife and Saoirse  :eek:  Have to really concentrate on writing the xmas cards!!

An update from me - had a scan today (30 weeks  :eek:) and the little boy is estimated to weigh 3 lbs 13, and the girl 3 lbs 8 - no wonder I'm uncomfortable  :eek:  And I am measuring 39 weeks so full term for a single pregnancy!  And 8 weeks still to go  ???  I think I am in complete denial.  I did ask the consultant if they were open to bribes for getting them out sooner  ;D 

Hello to everyone else out there.

Tiger24

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi tiger
They are three real Irish names for you .If we have a girl her name will be niamh and Marc for a boy.
You poor thing you must be wrecked ,Its great news your Little's babes are doing so well ,The longer the are in the better off they are ,You will not feel 8 weeks they will be here before you know it

Vivienss,WE are so over the moon still in shock but its great .

All the best
Jackiep

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi girls,

Well done to DD1, Deedeep, Tiger and co for keeping the site going - I must say the summer has a bit got in the way and I haven't posted since I did the feedback on Mikey's get-together and that is nearly a month ago now!

Welcome Mintie, all the way from Oz! Huge congrats on your pregnancy, I'm assuming it was your first trip to IM? You'll find a lot of friendship and support on this site, I've made some wonderful friends and even went on holiday with a couple of the girls: Mikey, and Gromie (who has IM triplets so cannot post that often as she has her hands so full!) - we met in Pembrokeshire last August, and in October, we met in Barcelona and took our babes back to IM to say 'thanks' to Dr Olivares and his staff. That was SUCH an emotional, happy trip as you can imagine, I just love the city anyway and to be honest, i think i will try to go back every couple of years with Ben as I feel such a bond with the place.... :)

Jackie, I remember you, that is fab news about your surprise pg! My friend Emma had IVF twins and then conceived naturally and now has a 6 month old son, so it does happen! I wish you tons of luck with your pg, please keep us posted on how you get on. ^reiki^

DD1 and Deedeep, that is amazing your due dates are only a day apart and both close to Ben's birthday (Nov 26th). Hoping the dreaded m/s is slackening off for you both, it is SO wretched, I was never actually sick thankfully but I certainly felt yucky for the first 20+ weeks and just used to crawl onto the bed after lunch on my non-work days and listen to radio 4 with my eyes shut, trying not to think too much about it - to this day, i feel mildly nauseous if I hear the Archer's theme tune!! ;D

Tiger, hello to you as well, you sound like you are doing well despite being so big - twins are fab though, just such a special bond - they will be SO worth all the hard work, honestly!

We are all ok, my DH has just gone down to Brighton for a few days as he organises the London-Brighton bike ride for the British Heart Foundation, and his big event is this Sunday, Father's Day. We are keeping fingers crossed it is not too hot a day as there are 28,000 cyclists taking part and they drop like ninepins if it is too hot and they get dehydrated!

Ben is starting to say more words now, especially food-related ones like 'cheese' and 'banana' (he loves his food, does Ben!), plus he loves making animal noises, the latest is his monkey impression, complete with scratching under his armpit! He has a mop of curls, and a longish fringe - he looks very sweet and quite 'rock'n'roll' but I wonder if i should attempt to cut at least the fringe a bit when he is asleep (he certainly would never stay still long enough to let me when he is awake!) - any advice about cutting hair of wriggly toddlers?!!

Better go, just wanted to pop in and say hello and i will try and post more regularly! lots of love to you all, Sally xxx

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hi Ladies

Sally - Ben is a real cutie - dont cut his curls!!!

Lana had her first birthday last week and her party was on Sunday (slight oversight on my part as it was Fathers Day!)  She had a lovely time and is very close to walking - does a great impression of a meercat (not sure of spelling)  I felt a mix of emotions - happy she is here and growing and such a lovely child but sad for those baby days that are now gone never to come back.

Anyway - hope all the other bumps and babies are well.

EM

·
Registered
142 Posts
HI Ladies
Hope all are well?

JackieP; congratulations what a lovely real suprise!!!! I have to say I had a friend who had after 8 years of trying eventually had twins via ivf at 38 and then just around her 40th birthday found herself pregnant
naturally, she could hardly beleive it neither but the bub is the joy of her life along with the twinnies

Tiger; speaking of twins; how are you doing? I have 2 friends who both have twins and whilst the first couple of years appear to be very demanding they seem to really enjoy the double trouble and the siblings just love having each other for company!

Sally123; thanks for the welcome, yes it was our first treatment in Bcn; we feel very lucky to have got to this point on our first try, we had non to freeze from our cycle so it was two back in and see what happened, really I was prepared to go back for fet if we got to that point but beyond that and doing another cycle with the distance and costs I dont know what we would have done!

DD1; hi from the cycle buddy thread I see you are feeling energetic? Thats great to feel the nausea has subsided

Deedeep; hope you too are still glowing  :)

Elsie May; happy birthday to your little one

Just a quick note to say our 12 week scan last week went really well, Drs pleased on all fronts. Lots of movement by the baby and lovely to see all the features; truely amazing for a little one just 5.3 cm long!!

Hi to everyone else

I am away with work for a few days and then dh and I are off for a week in the sun on holiday!! Yippee

Take care
Mintiex

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Girls,

So sorry for lack of posting too, but been so busy moving house, amongst other things, that just not had chance. Doing all that with a 30+ week twin bump is DEF not to be recommended but just glad all over now and can put my swollen feet up for a bit!

So so sorry i couldn't make the meet up..sounds like you all had agreat time.

Sally -sorry didn't get to meet you. The trips back to Barcelona sound great..would love to join in and go back sometime and show off the twins :)

Jackie -this has also just happened to a friend of mine who had ivf twins and then feel pregnant naturally when they were only 14 months! Congratulations!

EM - congrats on Lana's 1st bday. They do grow up so fast..cant believe our little DS is 3. We never thought we were going to experience the new born stuff again..just can't wait and feel very lucky.

Hi DD1 Deedeep and Mintie from cycle buds. xxx

Mintie -enjoy your trip. I have dived on the barrier reef and is just amazing. I know you can't go being preggers..a bit of snorkelling maybe? Have fun..am super jealous :) Congrats on the 12 week milestone. Glad scan went ok.

Tiger - Thanks for thinking of me, re the move. I know how you feel being so big and uncomfy..and now i have swollen feet and legs to boot! Hang in there hon..have pm'ed you.

Mickeygirl -hope you well and hope i didn't mess up your plans by not making the meet up.

Bree -hope you ok xx

Love to everyone else.

I had 34 week scan last week and they want to induce me at 38 weeks..not sure how feel about that as don't want it to end in a caesarian..then may as well go for that to start with! Will discuss at next appt which is this week. Both babies are still head down and twin 2 much bigger than twin 1 apparently, but not quite sure what the implications of that are. Just excited that the end is in sight now  :)

Love Mil xxx

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hi Mil

Lovely things are going well - I had a c-section and it is really OK.  I came off the pain killers after 3 days because I just found they caused such tiredness which is the last thing I needed with 3 hour night feeds.  It is lovely to see the end in sight isn't it?

EM

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi ladies!

I wonder if I can be bold to ask to join you here?
I've been posting on the IM Cycle Buddies thread and at 9 weeks I thought it was time to post on here if you'll have me!
Whilst I'm going to support my buddies still cycling on there I feel uncomfortable sharing my pregnancy news etc there as there are ladies who have had many attempts and not got to their goal yet.

I've read your stories and I know some of you from the cycle buddies thread.
Here's to healthy and happy pregnancies for all and to the little people that have and are to follow.

LN xxx

·
Registered
442 Posts
hi there
not posted here in a while - lots going on and still like to be in touch with the ladies on the cycling threat, like Little Nell.  Hi there LN.  Nice to see a very familiar face here too.

Hi Mil - my word it is all getting very close!  I know what you mean about the c-section - it's a propect for me too cos of where one of my fibroids sits, depends how it grows - but I am taking the view that it has to be best for baby and for you. I think I would prefer a vaginal delivery (with lots of pain relief mind!  ;D) but the fibroid could block babe's exit or cause a big bleed so the choice may go for me. I also got warned that albeit we draft up a birth plan and the staff do their best to help you achieve it, be prepared to just go with the flow on the day as it could all be a different story!  Anyway, they and you'll do best for your babies well being. C-sections have a few downsides but the up is that you won't feel completely exhausted afterwards and all your girlie bits will still be where they're meant to be!  ;D  ;D

hello mintie! and to all the others I know less well. xx

question on pram/buggies....so much choice but I think we are down to a choice of 2, the travel system type.  Do any of you already with sprogs have any good thought on what good/less good choices you made for your first buggy?  what features do you think are really worth looking out for/avoiding??
Buggaboo is out for me - the price (OMG!) but also it doesn't collapse so neatly.  don't want to make it an advert thread but I am sure it's easy to make a poor choice first time out and it's one of the few things I really wanted as new.
Thanks so much for any ideas.......and it's so exciting for me to be choosing one at all - never thought I'd see the day! :)

xxx

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hi Ladies

Just back from holiday in Devon - lovely to have that week with Lana, wish it was all the time though.

Buggies - probably get about 10 different answers but I got the McClaren Techno as I found the travel systems too big and heavy and I didnt want to buy a light weight stroller later on.  Also found Lana wanted to sit rather than lie down so a carry cot would have only been good for 3 months in my case!

EM

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hiya

Just gatecrashing in

DD1 ~ ooh pram talk! i have had a travel system, a loola and a buzz (the loola and buzz are adaptable to be made into a travel system if you wish, it depends on what you require, where its to be used

I have also tried out a 2nd travel system so in total these are what i have had (not all owned by me btw)

Graco Quattro Deluxe, travel system, complete with car seat (which attaches) and a carrycot liner which allows baby to face you for first few months (i wanted bubs to face me but not in a car seat) i replaced this at 3 months with a loola a reversible pushchair (can be made into a travel system) then replaced this with a quinny buzz which i am still using, i recently tried a graco mosaic, i loved this one, its available as a travel system but folds down like a umbrella folding pushchair and has a carseat with it and selling for 170 pound (it was a loan pushchair whilst i had my hydraulics repaired in my buzz following an rta)
I have also tried a mclaren techo, i do agree with EM regarding the umbrella type pushchairs and if you go for the mclaren techno XLR it now has an option to add a soft bodied carrycot and i believe you can adapt it to attach a car seat too

hope this helps
Em

·
Registered
142 Posts
HI Girls
DD1; how exciting to be thinking about prams! My sister asked me what one I was going to get (she has 3 kids) I said no idea as really havent thought about it but have been looking at what people had on holidays!! Hows the morning sickness, is it settled?? Also congrats re the boy and your great scan!! I am really looking forward to finding out the sex and hopefully will do so at our next scan in August.

Little Nell; got your message re your holiday from buddy thread, enjoy yourself and look forward to you chatting about your pregnancy here, not long until your 12week scan, you will be amazed how the bub looks after just the little blink at 6 weeks, its quite an amazing growth

Mil; not long for you now, hope you are keeping well? Well didnt go snorkling on hols; went out to Green Island and was contemplating going but couldnt keep my breakfast down......seasickness more than morning sickness I think but then had a rippper headache all day between dh getting his hamstring injury waterskiing and my headaches every 2nd day it was a very low key holiday!!!

Hi to everyone else; Tiger not long for you to go too? Hope you are doing ok too

Still getting headaches every few days, has anyone else experienced these in prengnancy? I have tried to keep water levels up and find a couple of panadol does help but none the less looking forward to them disappearing. Luckily no other issues

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone
Mintie

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hi Mintie

I didn't get head aches as such but got a lot of insomnia which drove me up the wall and I suppose I got a bit head achey from being tired.

Good luck

EM

1 - 20 of 324 Posts