Hi

Here is a chat thread for bumps and babes for Irema

Happy Chatting :)

Em

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks Holly!

Hey Rachel, if you've made your way over here then 'hi'! I've added you on **. I presume the same applies to you but I'd rather not talk about my treatment or anything infertility related on my ** wall. No-one knows my news yet either.

Great seeing your pictures of Erin - she's beautiful!!!!!!!

Oh, it sounds like you've got yourself into a nice little routine. Yes, I can imagine that your first week with her must have been extremely tiring. Funny about the farting thing haha!!!!!!

G x

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi

Have added you.  Like you, treatment is off limits on F B.

Rachel

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello Girls,

Gloue, so pleased for your BFP - try and enjoy your pregnancy and the symptoms too.

Rachel, Sounds like you and Erin are in a nice routine.  They grow up so fast so treasure every minute

AFM - well up and down days, collected the picture and foot print of our little Angel which was quite upsetting, we still have to wait for the post mortem and then a meeting with the consultant followed by the funeral.  To be honest it was the worst experience of my life, but Sophia does keep me going and she does keep me smiling, I am so grateful for her and I am so pleased so many other ladies have got their BFP's with IREMA.  We do still have our snowbabies and although I am so scared to be pg again I am so scared not to be and want to try with them asap.  If they don't work we are going to call it a day, 8+ years of IVF, infertility and miscarriages has taken it's toll.

Gloue, you can add me on ** too if you like - i'm one of Rachel's friends so you should be able to find me and please don't feel guilty for posting your news, i am truly overjoyed for you.

xxx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Shelly, i've added you on **.

I'm so glad you've got Sophia to help you through the tough days - it must be wonderfully comforting just being with her. Will you have to wait long for the post mortem and funeral hun?
I can understand why you're feeling that way about trying again. I think your logic about trying again soon sounds like the best plan as then you'll know either way about future stuff. Gosh 8+ years is a loooong time to go through IF! :(

Thanks for your best wishes! Nervously waiting for a 7 week scan which will be on the 21st - two weeks today. I think these next two weeks are seriously going to drag! In the meantime, I'm talking to my two little embies (I'm presuming there are two in there but if there's just one it might be thinking to itself "who else is she talking to, there's only me in here" - a bit like Look Who's Talking???)

Anyway, take care of yourself and keep us informed on how you're doing.

G xxx

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Shelly

I definitely think going for your snowbabies is the best way forward - like you, if mine don't work then I will stop.  I am very grateful for having Erin but I don't have the heart or the money to carry on having treatment.

Let us know the results of the post mortem when they arrive.

Rachel

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi girls

Hope you're well.

I don't know whether I'm worrying for no reason but since 4:30pm yesterday I've had quite strong cramping followed by brown spotting. I don't know whether this is normal? I'm worried that if I werent on the progesterone and estrogen suppprt that I'd be bleeding more heavily so it's not a true reflection of what's happening? It really does feel like AF cramps!

Trying to keep positive but it's difficult as I doubt even going for a scan this early would show anything? I've heard about the uterus expanding and possibly causing some spotting or light bleeding but the cramping just seems a bit too intense for that.

Should I contact Irema? Would they offer any support anyway?

What do you think? Did anyone else have this?

G xxx

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi GlouE

The brown spotting is ok, it might be that things are settling down inside which is causing the spotting.  As the embie(s) attach themselves it causes your lining to come away a bit. You are likely to get period pain type cramping (can be quite strong) this is absolutely normal.  You uterus starts to change as soon as the hormones kick in, it will be stretching to allow room for the growing embies and fluid etc.  Brown spotting is perfectly ok, there are girls on the forums that have red spotting (fresh blood) and still have successful pregnancies.

A scan at this stage won't show anything which would stress you out even more.  If you can, rest for a while.  I know it is easy for me to say, but it sounds normal to me.

Rachel

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks Rachel

It's all so nervewracking the first time around isn't it? I just don't know what to expect and Dr. Google sometimes doesn't help. You can read really positive stuff and then come across one article that might make you have doubts. I should stay away haha.

You've definitely put my mind at ease. Hopefully the cramping will start to ease off soon. Haven't seen any actual red blood and the brown stuff isn't that much so I guess I should take comfort in that.

Everything else seems to have gone to plan so far so I guess this is just the next stage of my body changing. I need to have more confidence that it's doing what it should be doing.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

How was your weekend? I had a migraine and sickness for most of it. I guess it's all hormone related?!

Hope the beautiful little Erin is doing well  :)

x

·
Registered
162 Posts
Glad you feel more at ease.  The cramps can last several weeks so you will get used to them.  The spotting tends to be when you wipe or just a slight coloured discharge, again this is normal. Headaches/migraines during pregnancy are very common - like you say it is the hormones. I was also quite tired during the first trimester - your body goes through most of its changes during that time.

Again, it is easy for me to say, but try and stay away from Google! It can do more harm than good.  You can read lots of positive articles but the one you will remember is the negative one! So be warned  ;D  Have you registered for your weekly updates from sites like Baby Centre? They are really useful and can really put your mind at rest.

We had a good weekend. We had our antenatal class reunion - nice to see the babies all together!

Rachel

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Rachel, my stomach cramps ended up going on Tuesday evening.

I'm feeling quite low today. Don't know whether it's the hormones or what? Hubby thinks that the euphoria of the last two weeks might have gone a litle and that's why I'm feeling like this but I reckon it's more likely the hormones?  Also, I'm mega mega tired so that might be contributing to it. I just can't concentrate at work even though I want to really get on with things and not think about the pregnancy 24/7. I just can't seem to settle my mind though. I just find myself at my desk staring into space haha.

Having quite a few food aversions too. I can't do chicken or brown bread - urrrghhh the though of it now makes me feel ill. I'm craving sweet things - like really bad things - like doughnuts!!!!!!!! Not good haha.

Another question for you. Sometimes the veins on my boobs are more visible than other times is this normal? Ridic that I'm constantly looking at my boobs I know but I can't help it!

Glad you had a good weekend. We're nearly at the next one. I've got a wedding in Brighton to go to which will be fun and take my mind off things - just hope chicken isn't on the menu!

Anyway, best get on and do some work!!!!

TTFN

G x

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi GlouE

Hope you are feeling ok. Craving sweet things is really common at the beginning of the pregnancy. In fact, when the baby is growing its taste buds (later in the pregnancy) the baby can only taste sweet things so you will probably want them throughout. At the beginning I went off chocolate and wanted salt and vinegar crisps (quite common) and then later went off the crisps and went back on to chocolate! I went off weetabix really early on - it made me gag!

Your homones are going through the most changes at the moment so one day you will be excited the next really down. To be honest you will get used to this.  There are various milestones during pregnancy so there is always something to worry about - and get excited about! It is normal to have problems concentrating - the pregnancy will the be only thing you can think about - lets face it the pregnancy is the most important thing in your life at the moment.

Don't worry about your veins! Mine still look like road maps!! You might start to notice your nipples go darker as well! Very strange!

Hope the wedding went well!

Rachel

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello

I had a 7 week scan this morning.

Well, I do have twins!!!!!!!!! However, for one of them she couldn't find a heartbeat but said that it might be because it's positioned awkwardly. Both measure exactly fine for 7 weeks. The other little one had a nice strong heartbeat which was amazing to see. Tears rolled down my cheeks - I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

So, she's said not to give up hope for the second one. We're booked in for next week to check on it.

Mixed news but I'm still delighted, over the moon and amazed.

I can't stop looking at my little print outs that she gave me. They're beautiful hehe.  Hubby's face was fantastic. He just couldn't stop smiling!

I'm working from home today but don't think I'll get much done haha.

xxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wonderful news GlouE  :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
COngratulations!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks both!

Shelly - how you bearing up? Hope you're ok. xx

G xx

·
Registered
162 Posts
GlouE

I have been away from the internet for a few days and was thinking of you - desperate to know how the scan went!

I am so happy for you!!! Like you say, it might be that the twin is positioned awkwardly.  But to see the other heartbeat ! WOW!

You won't put that picture down - believe me! and when you get the next pictures you will compare them to see how they have grown!!

I am so excited for you! Have you told irema the good news? Sergio will be over the moon!

Rachel

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks Rachel.

I emailed Sergio last Thursday. You're right - he was so happy for us. He said he's looking forward to the next email from me.

I'm keeping positive about the other little one. Going back on Thursday this week to check on it. Fingers crossed.
Hubby and me are still talking to 'them' rather than 'it' to encourage the other one along hehe. I've been doing the Zita West relaxation cd which has been really nice.

I've been arranging my sister's hen do for her wedding next July along with her other bridesmaids. They're talking about going to Go Ape and pole dancing classes!!!!!! I had to go along with it for now as didn't want to tell them I'd be almost 9 months preggers by that stage haha.

Hope anyone else reading this is keeping well.

GLouE xxx

·
Registered
162 Posts
GlouE

Definitely talk to the twins - they are listening! I finding naming embies helps - my little one was called Twiglet!

I cannot believe you are so organised - the hen night is nine months away! Have you worked out your potential due date - I hope it isn't the same day as the wedding!!

Fingers crossed for Thursday

Rachel

·
Registered
162 Posts
GlouE

Thinking of you today.

Rachel

1 - 20 of 62 Posts