Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 625 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Starting this thread so the girls who have got a bfp from VH can post is an area where we can stay together.

Hope Brendabell and Sunray will join.

As this is the first post, I think the following contributed to my bfp:-

Mum to be advance tablets from Boots
Good diet
Active yogurt
Acupunture
Relaxing

Tx was 11.12.09 - so am now 7 weeks pg.  Today I received my free prescription card from the NHS :). Mid wife will visit tomorrow. 

I still feel nauseous.  My diet is all over the place.  I am rapidly going off lots of foods.  However, dried food, such as creamcrackers, bran flakes, ritz crackers, raw carrots and celery seem to be winners at present.

Am sleeping lots.

Hope to hear from lots of bfp girls.

Pearl x

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi Pearl, first of all congrats on your bfp!!  Hope you dont mind me asking but i noticed you had previous misscariage at 5weeks,i also had a misscariage at just over 5weeks,and it is so great to see someone have a bfp on there next try.I wondered if you did anything differently on your next cycle,did you have imune tests or anything? Or do you have any idea why you misscaried before? Its just i have frosties to try again,but I am thinking I want to loose weight and get healthy as possible before i try again,hoping it might make a difference and will be able to get bfp again. anyway well done to you,all the best!  scov. x

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Scov,

Thank you for posting.  When I had the mc I was totally anxious, people have said I was on another planet!  I started acupuncture the week of the mc, because my Dr recommended him, and 'ordered' me to relax.  I have been attending acupunture sessions fortnightly since July.  Basically the list of the contibuting factors I only started doing after the mc.

I am a very different person in the sense of being relaxed.

I meant to write I was advised by my GP to eat organic as much as possible.

Good luck

Pearl

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi ladies  thanks for the new post, even though I am nowhere near the BFP I wil be checking in if you don't mind to see how you are doing.. and to insipre me.

Please can I ask you about the cost, I have had contact with Salome and she said it is 6900 euros for donor embryo - is that right??  I was confused at the various pricing structure and I'm having a real stress about it.  If you can give me any indication of what costs to expect I would be so grateful.  We have spent in excess of £12k so far and we are running out of money, yet still so much want that little baby. Thanks girls. Toops xxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi,

First of all, thank you Pearl for starting the new VH thread. I will still be keeping an eye on the VH girls and hope many of them will be joining us soon. Like Pearl said, I'm very much aware it's still early days.

What helped me getting my BFP:
Acupuncture
A good well balance diet with plenty of veg and fruits
Taking a muti-vitamins and mineral supplement: I was taking the Zita West supplement for a while after my last failed IVF with own eggs then started to take Pregnacare Plus.
Eating 6 to 8 brazil nuts a day and drinking some pineapple juice during tx as from when AF arrived after the Decap injection to help with lining.
Being relaxed
I started tx end of November and had quite a few days off left to take before the end of the year so felt very relaxed during treatment. ET was on the 4th of Jan and I had been on hols since Dec the 21st.

Pearl - I'm also feeling nauseous especially first thing in the morning and during the morning until lunchtime. I'm also feeling hungry at the same time so it's difficult to know what to eat which will be fine. Like you, crackers are great, I'm also Ok with ginger biscuits and peppermint or lemon & ginger tea. I tend to wake up during the night so have a very much interrupted sleep.

Toops - I've paid €6000 for my egg donation cycle + meds + DH FISH test. So I suppose €6900 sounds about right if you are going for double donation (fresh cycle and not frozen embryos). I don't know what the cost of double donation should be but I suppose the €900 on top of the €6000 ED cycle makes sense. I know how difficult it is when you try to choose a clinic and I remember reading threads after threads last year trying to make a choice. I found out that with VH, there were no hidden cost.

Scov - Hope you get your BFP soon and good luck with the healthy diet.

Let's hope we see many more BFPs on the VH thread soon and it would be great if some of the previous ladies who got their BFP also joined us.

Ariella xx

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ladies,

Toops - we paid about €13000 for three attempts because of the 30% refund option.  I can't remember the exact details.  I agree with Ariella, VH have no hidden costs and I have found them to be extremely professional.  The other clinic I went to was Ceram in Marbella, which I hated.  They did have hidden costs ie, had to take a weeks hol, to be present so a fresh sample could be used.  My experience has been, we've only needed to stay one night because we used frozen sperm.  However, the last time, we decided to stay three nights and enjoy relaxing in Alicante.  Maybe this contributed to the bfp.

Well the midwife and a trainee came around today and gave me lots of forms and explained the whole process.  Apparently the sickness should subside after 12 weeks.  In NHS terms I am now 9 weeks pg.  Even though it's really 7 weeks.  I have to make an appointment for some blood tests within the next two weeks.  DH sat in the corner of the room looking very sheepish about it all.  At least now he's gone to watch football.  If this pg works, the child, twins, triplets? are due 5th September.

Ariella, when do you have your scan please?

I sent a pm to Sunray, so hopefully she'll post here.
Pearl x

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Pearl and Ariella and massive congrats to you!  Amazing news!!!

I will get an appt with Salome and discuss further costs etc so we know exactly what it will be, its just a bit confusing when we are in the UK and they are over there... so best way is to get our backsides over there and get started on tx. :))

I've picked up loads of good advice and tips -again a massive help and makes you feel not so alone. 

Take care, bye for now, Toops xxx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi,

Toops - No worry and if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. We will try to answer them if we know the answer. Don't worry about blood tests such as HIV status, hepatitis, blood groups as VH can check this during your first visit and basic blood tests are included in the cycle cost. Bernardo the head nurse is great at taking blood samples. I usually easily bruise but with him, no bruise. You will need to pay 30% upfront at your 1st visit.

Pearl - My scan is on Feb the 12th so I will be 8 weeks +1 (or +2 days). I'm going to the Doctor tomorrow morning to get officially in the system. He must be expecting my visit as he had the HCG blood test results back. I hope I can persuade him to prescribe me more Progynova and Utrogestan without having to ask VH for a prescription. I still have about a month supply but will need a top up. By the way, did Salome tell you for how many weeks we have to be on oestrogen and progesterone? Is it it until week 12 of pregnancy?
Thank you for contacting Sunray. Hope you are not working too hard.

Ariella xx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Pearl,

Just to let you know that I've just sent a PM to Brendabel letting her know about the new thread. I think Keris should see your post. If not I will PM her this weekend.

Ariella

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hI Ariella,

so glad you've got a scan booked. 

I have felt so nauseous for the last 20 hours. Very bad night and am exhausted. Fortunately arrived at work to no power, so I've enjoyed dying in the dark. Electricity has just come on though. My stomach is grumbling loudly. I'm not taking anything for the sickness because I don't like hot drinks. Even though your suggestion of drinking green tea is a good idea.

Pearl x
On the bright side, by feeling nauseous I must still be pg:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Pearl,

Sorry to hear you've been feeling nauseous for the last 20 hours ^hugme^ ^hugme^ but yes, this also means you are pregnant. Have you tried the acupressure travel wrist bands? I'm feeling quite tired as well as I seem to be waking up every night around 3 - 3.30 am then kind of snoozing on and off until 5 am. Went to the GP this morning and I have now filled in a form to register with the community midwifes. GP is happy to prescribe more Progy and Utrogestan :). I just need to find out from Salome now for how many weeks post transfer I need to take the meds for so just sent her a email. I'm now looking forward to my first scan but as the same time, a bit worried.

Hope the nausea leave you a bit alone the next couple of days.

Ariella xx

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Ariella,

thank you for your kind words.  So glad you are in the system now. Did your Dr have you fill in a form for free prescriptions?  Waking up at 3am and not getting back to sleep easily, I bet that's tough. You must be exhausted.  I'm going to buy travel bands, great idea, thank you.

Well it finally happened, I was sick at work a couple of times, so went home at lunch time. Home is only 15 mins away, but had to stop the car half way because I couldn't wait to get home. Oh the shame of it all. I've tried to sleep the rest of the time and have just woken up am considering eating a cream cracker. I've missed my ou tutorial tonight unfortunately, but I knew I wouldn't have been well enough to drive there. Luckily I work with engineers, so I'll ask them for help. Hope to go back to work tomorrow.

Hope Keris will join this thread soon and any others.

Pearl xx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Pearl,

Oh you poor thing... I was sick at work the first day morning sickness kicked in and it was certainly not a bunch of fun. At the moment, touch wood, the actual sickness is first thing in the morning then I feel nauseous though the morning. My sister used to have bad morning sickness for her first and had to stop the car once or twice.

My Dr didn't ask me to fill in a form for free prescriptions yet but most things and paperwork are done though the community midwifes where I live.

Hope you feel better tomorrow Hun.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello Ladies!  :) What a lovely new thread this is!  ^hugme^

I'm sorry to have been out of touch for a few days, but we've been having a hard time of it and I was hesitant about posting, and getting everyone down, before we knew better what was going on.

The short story is that I started bleeding again last Saturday and still am now, thankfully we had a scan this morning and were lucky enough to see a beautiful, little, flickering heartbeat!  ^doc^ I'm sure you can imagine how we feel!

We're not out of the woods yet, and they can't explain the trickle of blood but things are looking fairly positive now compared to earlier this week. I'm on bed rest, which is incredibly dull but is making the tiredness issue easier to deal with...;) I doubt my work are taking it well but my doctor is keen for me to wait, until I've had a day or so spot free, until he signs me off and there's no way I'm not taking his advice on this!

I'm not as nauseous as I was before, but I'm still getting the sore boobs and constipation and another new symptom, of a really nasty taste in my mouth which I've read about other people getting. Bleurgh is all I can say!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi keris,

it's so good to hear from you. I wish I could send you a hug  ^Cuddle^. I really hope the bleeding stops very soon. Such a worry for you. I sometimes have a bad taste in my mouth and now have mouthwash at work. Don't worry about work, it will still be there when you get back. Work is not your main priority now.

Well today I went to the nurse for pregnancy blood tests, then I went to pick up my prescription for 3 weeks cyclogest and progynova with m new free prescription card. Ha ha. I had to pay £40! Not happy.

In the end the Dr said I had to pay. So annoying.

Oh well.

Hope we get more bfp girls joining us soon.

Pearl x

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi,

Keris - Lovely to hear from you but sorry to hear Hun that the bleeding / spotting has started again  ^hugme^ ^hugme^. Definitely follow your GP advice. Great to hear you saw a lovely heartbeat on the scan today. Bleeding in early pregnancy is quite frequent. It is scary but please have faith in your baby. He / she is a real little fighter and intends to stay for the long haul. Someone I know from another thread had some spotting and her doctor has now prescribed her gestone injections instead of progesterone pessaries as it absorbs better. So this may be something you want to mention to your Doc. However, gestone injections are not very nice and are intramuscular so take a bit of practice. Hope the bleeding stops soon.

Pearl - Sorry to hear you had to pay for the cyclogest and progynova in the end. Salome sent me a letter today asking my doctor to prescribe me some more as I would have ended my supply in 3 weeks time. My GP is quite happy to write the prescription himself as long as he knows how many weeks worth / how many boxes he should prescribe but I'm pretty sure I will have to pay for the prescription. I've heard that before you stop the meds completely, you should gradually phase them out. This is what some UK clinics recommend so I'm going to find out from one of my friends what she did as her fertility nurse had explained to her how to phase them out the last week. Have you got an earlier scan date by the way than 12 weeks?

Ariella xx

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Ladies,

I've had a very interesting day. I woke up at 4am and started to bleed. After a few more bleeds I contacted the early pregnancy unit at 11.35am, which said if I could get there by noon I could have a scan. I have committed numerous traffic offences today, even got the car to 95 mph! I got to the epu at 12.10. By which time I was pretty much out of my tree. Of course, I had the joy of trying to enter the building and due to security, the xxxx door was locked. Tried to wash my hands with sterilising fluid and couldn't get the tap to work. I can be incredibly stressed sometimes. Anyway they kept me waiting until 1pm. Had a scan, which lasted ages and would you believe it, there was one baby, 41mm with a strong heart beat :).  There is blood above the sack, however, apparently that's ok. Dh was there and just started to smile, it's the first time he's shown emotion about this whole ed thing. Apparently if this Does work, baby is due 31.8.10.

So glad I had 3 embryos transferred.

Now got to relax.

Hope Keris and Ariella are fine.

Pearl x

·
Registered
632 Posts
Pearl, so glad you saw your baby and strong heart beat,even though im not with same clinic as you,i still like to see how you are doing now and then,after all we all here for same reasons. I hope you are ok and not to stressed and worried. Just wanted to wish you well and that the bleeding stops real soon.  ^pray^ take care. scov.xx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Pearl,

So sorry to hear you had some bleeding yesterday. Hope it has stopped now. But great news to hear all is well and baby is growing well and that you could hear a strong heartbeat. It must have been a magical moment, pity you were feeling stressed and were so worried at the time. Take it easy and if the bleeding / spotting still carry on a bit, don't go to work and have some bedrest.

Take care ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Ariella xx

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you everyone for your very kind words and wonderful support.  :)

I've been talking to dh sister in law who was a midwife and she's advised me to take the week off.  Saying it's just not worth the risk of going back to work tomorrow.  So I'm going to ask my Dr tomorrow morning if she can sign me off.  :).  I have stopped bleeding today but I just don't want to take any risks.  I'm sure my horrid boss will be delighted when I send him an email tonight.  ;D

1 - 20 of 625 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.