Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just a quick question... I am now 12 weeks pregnant with twins and I thought that at 12 weeks I would be able to stop the pessaries (400mg 2 x daily). I have spoken to a woman at the clinic and she said that I should stop at 16 weeks!!!

Thay are making me quite uncomfortable now. I Have never been pregnant before so haven't suffered with a miscarriage, do you think that 16 weeks sounds right??

Thanks alot
jenny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear Jenny,

Congratulations! I have just been given progesterone pessaries to hopefully correct my luteal phase defect and have been reading a bit about it. Although the books I have read say that it is usual to stop using the pessaries after 12 weeks, they also make it clear that progesterone cannot harm your baby (or in your case-babies!), but coming it too early can cause miscarriage so I expect your consultant is just trying to be extra safe.

Just for my own peace of mind, could you let me know what the side effects of taking the progesterone pessaries are and how they are making you feel uncomfortable. Thanks a lot.

Wishing you the very best of luck! ;D

Terri

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Terri,

I couldn't find any info on it anywhere, so you have put my mind at rest.

I have been fine with them, but in the last few days I have started to feel an itchy kind of sensation if I have gone longer than 10 hours without a shower (so after a good nights sleep). I have to shower every morning and night to keep it from being uncomfortable, but as long as I do that I don't suffer at all. Don't mind being clean mind you!!!

They tend to 'leak' after insertion (apart from when you put them in your bottom) and this is what can cause the irritation..I think!

Don't worry about them - they are not that bad - just a pain and after 12 weeks I am sick of them!!

Thanks for the info and good luck with your treatment.
jenny xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts