Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to the site and have kept my most recent journey very private away from friends and family and honestly don't have anywhere else to turn.
I kept this private after so many failures as I couldn't bear for people to give me "that" look. So after 2 miscarriages, 2 ectopics, 3 failed fresh cycles and a failed fresh cycle the last thing I expected was to get a BFP but here we are!!!! I am beyond excited and over the moon BUT I now have a 4 weeks wait till a scan and my clinic don't do beta testing so I have no idea what my HGC levels are or even if they are rising.

I am literally testing every morning to make sure that line was still there and getting stronger, I analyse every symptom or cramp and then analyse when they aren't there. my clinic have literally given me an EDD and a piece of paper to give my dr....

And I thought the 2WW was bad!!!

Is pregnancy PTSD even a thing, I feel like I am going out of my mind....o_O:eek:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi Fiona, firstly congratulations on your BFP. 💞

I’m so sorry for your losses on your journey so far. It took me till my fifth cycle to have my daughter and I was surprised too. And very nervous ahead of the 6 week, 12 week, 20 and 36 week scan. Also ahead of giving birth, bringing her home, starting weaning, etc etc.

My journey to getting pregnant took four and a half years or so and I then overlooked all the worry that comes from being pregnant and then being a mother raising a newborn.

Can you talk to your GP? Could you afford counselling if there is a long wait on the NHS? I got a six week anxiety course but it might be as I was a new mum.

From talking to other pregnant friends who haven’t had IVF, losses, etc, worry was still a part of their experience.

I remember my GP saying on my first pregnancy “why are you having an 8 week scan? Treat this as a normal pregnancy now”. My IVf consultant had been very ready to offer me extra scans but other pregnant people would just have a 12 week.

can you talk to your partner about it too? Is there a friend you can confide in early? Perhaps someone who hasn’t had an easy path?

wishing you well xxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rio.

Thanks for your message 😌

I have been talking to my partner we are very open and honest he knows exactly how I am feeling and we are a massive support to each other.

In all honesty I think I just expected such joy and happiness when we finally got that BFP, I didn't expect the anxiety switch that was triggered.

I worry when I have cramps and then worry when I don't have cramps, I can't win 😆

Between testing daily, symptom googling and knicker checking every 5 mins I think I'm just sending myself around the bend.

think I just need someone to give my a shake and tell me it's normal 😂

·
Registered
314 Posts
In my experience - it’s normal. 💞 Once you’ve got a midwife they’re great to talk to. I also found the pregnancy week by week websites helpful as they tend to list common concerns. I often started getting a symptom and then would read that it was common. Do seek help though if it’s taking over your thoughts. Medical professionals are very geared up for helping people in pregnancy (I’ve found) so don’t suffer alone x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts