Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi girls

can anyone recommend a  good pregnancy support pillow? So many on line dont know which one to go for?

I also need a pregnancy support belt for the back and bump? suffering with terrible pains?:(

xx

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
kbunny

It all depends what you want the pillow for  ^idiot^  Most women like the V shaped ones but I preferred my long bolster type one.  It was 5ft long and great to sleep with part of it between the knees and part running up and under the tummy when on your side.  I found a small pillow between my knees kept falling out of the end of the bed in the night  ^idiot^  I also used it for breastfeeding afterwards as I could wrap it around me and up the side to support baby.

I can't really help with the support belt, sorry.  Have you asked your midwife what she would recommend?

Hope you get comfy soon.

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Hi Kbunny

I had the dream genie pillow ( it was great) and also used the carriwell maternity support bands. I didn't have any back problems although sleeping became difficult towards the end due to acid indigestion.

Karenanna xxx

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi all,

tks for the reply I need  the pillow for  back pain, and the support bank for suspected SPD ? I will try  the midwife.

xx 

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
kbunny, definitely speak with your midwife about the SPD, she may be able to refer you for a physio appointment and they should be able to suggest exercises and a belt.  Try sleeping with a pillow between your knees as keeping the hips and knees aligned may help the SPD a bit  ^hugme^

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I had spd, back and hip problems. Buy lots of cheap pillows so you can strategically place them!
I also havd a wedge shaped cushion from mothercare which was useful for under bump.
I had a long bolster-like pillow that I used to cuddle and thread between my legs.

Also getting in and out of cars - sit on a carrier bag. It means you can get in bum first then swivel your body round knees together (cheap hint!)

Get your midwife to refer you to a physio. They will give you proper guidance. I also had a back brace designed for pregnancy from them.

Hope it doesn't get too bad for you
Deb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts