Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone/anyone!  ;D

Does anyone have any experience of the above?  I think I have it but haven't been able to contact my midwife - any advice/ways to combat it (if any!)

Love Jen xxx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Paula,

Thanks for that, will get in touch with Jac!

Love Jen xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Jen

Yep, I had it, but quite mildly throught pregnancy and then in the last couple of weeks before I was due to have ben, I slipped and made it 100 times worse - couldn't walk it got so bad, but because it was so late on, I didn't get treatment for it, just gave birth  ;D  It did take a couple of months after having Ben though to go completely, but definitely within 2 weeks of giving birth it was lots better. 

From what I can remember others saying at the time, you need your midwife to refer you to a physiotherapist who can provide you with a girdle to wear (attractive!  ;D) and advise on some exercises to help, ways to move, etc. 

For now, the one thing I do know is that you should try to keep your knees together as much as possible, ie. when you turn over in bed, etc.  (thought I'd add that example incase people's minds started to wander as to what I menat  ;)  ;D ). 

I know SueMJ had it throughout pregnancy, as well as Jac, so might be worth IM'ing her too. 

I think it happens in varying degrees to people though, and so I'm hoping yours doesn't progress to badly  :-* All worth it for that little bundle at the end though  ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
46 Posts
Serafena

I was having a look round the old posts of Bun in the oven and saw on about pg 31 some info posted.  I'll try and send this through to you if my techie skills extend that far. ;D

Luv
Odie
xxx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for that!!  It's really helped - my midwife is going to speak to the physio for me.  I am lucky that it's really not very severe so I am going to be doubly careful so it hopefully won't get any worse!!!

Lots of love, Jen xxx

·
Registered
600 Posts
HI Jen

I've got this at the mo' and it is horrid, so you have my sympathies, hun.x.

Gen advice - keep knees together, esp when rolling over in bed, use pillow between knees at night for support, don't lie on your side with one knee/leg in front of other (most comfy, I know...).  Stand and sit as straight and balanced as you can, don't put your weight on one leg when standing, turn and move carefully so you don't strain your pelvis at all as it is not supported properly by the ligaments and therefore is quite fragile.  Try not to go up and down the stairs too much, shower don't bath. Don't slip, don't overdo the walking.  Try not to spend too long in one position.

Lots of don't's... :mad: here's some do's  ;)
- do see your GP, do get some physio advice and get occupational health in if necess. They are coming out to me tomorrow to fit handrail on stairs, grab rail in shower, car swivel seat etc. Do try to remember it is time-limited so will get better (tho' I have heard very very varying predictions re this  :eek:).  Do try to be kind to yourself and ask for help if you need it even tho you feel stupid  :( 

Do remember it will all be worth it! ;D

IM me if you want a chat. :)

love, Imogen.x.x.x

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Imogen,

Thanks hon!  I told the midwife this morning that I definitely want a referral and she said she will try and do this tomorrow - I did ask if I could do it myself but she said she had to.  I will be chasing on Monday if I don't hear anything!

Thanks for the tips too, I have been doing all that and I am very careful and I have to say, I wouldn't say that I have it in a severe way, thank goodness, it really is just if I try and do something I shouldn't, then I get a dull ache.  If I don't hear from the midwife by Monday then I will be telling her it's a lot worse to force the issue!!!!

Hope yours feels better soon, mine got a lot worse after my first yoga class last week but now feels like it did before - and of course, no more yoga class!!!

Love Jen xxxx  ;D ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts