Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently somewhere between 5 and 9 weeks pregnant and waiting for a midwife to contact me for a booking appointment. Have had tender breasts, sickness and other rather unpleasant Symptom's such as constipation and a bizare sense of smell.
All until yesterday that is when I woke up feeling completely 'normal'.
Much as the pregnancy Symptom's are 'yuk!', they have been strangely reassuring!
Waiting for an emergency scan some time this week to date and check the viability of my pregnancy. I have had two miscarrages already, one of which was a 'missed' miscarrage. Is this number three?
Feeling so helpless

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
^hello^ and welcome to Fertility friends, Newmumtobe!
From what I have heard, its very commong for pregnancy symptoms to come and go, particulary during early pregnancy, but I can understand your worry, I had a missed miscarriage myself last year, and I'm certian thats its ruined any future pregnancy for me, as I know I'll be worrying myself to death!

Why don't you join the first trimeester mums-to-be thread, there are plenty of other ladies there, and I'm sure they will all tell you they felt the same - I'll add a link to it for you.
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,17983.new/boardseen.html#new
Best of luck for your scan,
Marie xx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your message - I now have an emergency scan booked on Wednesday morning but that feels like a life time away. I'm desperate to know one way or another. I haven't told any of my friends of family that I'm pregnant for fear of misscarring again but now I have no-one to talk to. My partner doesn't know what to say and is really struggling with the fact he can't 'fix it'.
I wish I could go to bed and wake up on Wednesday!

woppa said:
I'm no nurse but my symptoms when i was pregnant came and went. If you have a EPAS dept at your local hosp then give them a ring. They will scan you because of your history. Mine were fab with me.
I bet tomorrow you will be hanging down the loo wishing for the sickness to go!!

lots of love
woppa
xxxx

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had exactly the same thing happen last week,at 10wks.I just woke up one morning & felt perfectly fine.As I had virtually no symptoms with Isabella,I had no experience of disappearing symptoms before & so panicked.

I had an emergency scan,as I had spotting too & it revealed a healthy 10wk 5 day old baby.I was in tears I was so convinced I had a missed m/c,but was wrong.

It is hard not to worry,but every pregnancy is different,this is my 3rd & totally different to the other 2.Also your body gets used to the hormone levels & doesn't react as strongly,so your symptoms lessen or vanish totally.

Good luck for Wednesday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kathryn - It's reassuring to hear a positive story. I'm desperately hoping to hear a heartbeat tomorrow and to date what I so hope is an ongoing pregnancy.
Who'd have thought I'd actually be hoping for morning sickness and boobs that feel like lead ballons!
Thanks again, Oh and Isabella is a beautiful name. Lx

Kathryn said:
I had exactly the same thing happen last week,at 10wks.I just woke up one morning & felt perfectly fine.As I had virtually no symptoms with Isabella,I had no experience of disappearing symptoms before & so panicked.

I had an emergency scan,as I had spotting too & it revealed a healthy 10wk 5 day old baby.I was in tears I was so convinced I had a missed m/c,but was wrong.

It is hard not to worry,but every pregnancy is different,this is my 3rd & totally different to the other 2.Also your body gets used to the hormone levels & doesn't react as strongly,so your symptoms lessen or vanish totally.

Good luck for Wednesday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts