Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a question and wonder if anyone can advise me? Have been reading lots of threads where ladies test early etc and they talk about a faint blue line and then getting darker etc.

I have bought a digital tester. So no blue lines to look out for. Is this a good one to use do think?

I only ask cos last time I used a digital one on official day of testing and it showed up a resounding "not pregnant". However, AF didn't arrive til three days later and was quite light for me. The more I read the more I wonder if there was just a smidgeon of a chance that had I done other test and tested later it might have been ever so slightly positive. Or am I just clutching at straws (Yep!)?

Also ask this cos I have heard from a friend of a friend that the clinic she went to told someone they were "half" pregnant (tested her levels everyday on 2WW) and gave them an injection of something to give more support and lo and behold, she then became pregnant properly! Does this sound right or completely far fetched?

Am driving myself bonkers at mo, just in case you hadn't realised, on 2WW. Due to test Sunday but clinic told me I can test Saturday. Only have pessaries til Friday morning but clinic says this is okay.

Have felt quite awful this time around since EC. Continuous back ache, cramps, shooting pains and pains around ovaries. Plus hot and cold sweats. Convinced AF on its way.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.

Dragon xx

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Hi Hun

I used First Response and the normal Clear Blue so i could watch the lines see if they got stronger  ::) First Response was better (but thats my opionion)  ;)

I didnt use the digi ones as it can pick up a small amount of HCG and you cant compare it the next day

Not sure about what your friend is talking about sorry  ^eyes^

Good luck
Emmaxxx

G

·
Emm is right (for once ::) ::) ;D)  but the digi will give you a definitive answer for HCGs of about 25...I'd do 3 if it were me ;)

xxx

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hi

I used standard Clearblue as couldn't bear the looking at the words not pregnant if it hadn't worked

Good Luck on test day  ^reiki^

Jools xxxx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
i was same as jools above in that i thought NOT PREGNANT was too blunt for me  ^idiot^ i wanted to analyse it and hope for a line appearing ^idiot^.  As it was i ended up with OHSS by day 7 and knew i was pregnant so tested BFP the next morning on a cheap ebay pee stick and the line was faint but it didnt matter i knew, then every 2 days i retested and saw line get darker.  I also did a couple of tescos ones too which aren't too expensive either.

Best of luck to you hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^pray^

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies, they really do help.

I think I agree with going for the blue line ones as I think seeing the NOT PREGNANT was too blunt for me last time and that's the vision I still have that keeps popping into my head.

Lots of  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to you all.

Dragon xxx

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Lukey you cow  :mad: ^bigbad^ ;D ;D ;D

I used those Ebay ones too as well as FR and CB  ;D ;D ;D always found the ebay ones were fainter than FR and CB  :-[

·
Registered
912 Posts
I used the CB digital one which are also very expensive and it broke my heart when it came up NOT PREGNANT!!! I wouldn't advise anyone to use them doing TX!! I am still on day 13 so I am going to buy some new tests tomorrow but going to stand in boots and analyse which ones lol  ;D

sarah xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts