Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Not too sure if I am in the right place or not. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for 7.5 years and finally wednesday, by chance,I did a clear blue digital test and to my shock it came up positive. Still in shock we did another digital test in the evening and again it was positive. I made an appointment with the doctor. In the morning I was to take a sample to the clinic of which i used a bit to test myself again, which showed positive. When speaking to the doctor he seemed to think i would be pregnant as three tests had been done. I had very mild bleeding in the evening and throughout the day, which worried me, so in the evening I did another test just to check ( for my own peace of mind, and that too was "pregnant". However, when getting my result from the doctors today it was negative, this was a shock to us both. When I got home we did 4 tests ( differnet brands , ANSWER, and FIRST RESPONSE) all for test came up negitive, (useing the same sample) and one normal CLEARBLUE which showed a faint line, which I am not sure if a line or an evaporation line. Of course I am in a panic as the bleeding as all but stopped and I am scared to find out what is going on. I am going to do another test in the morning, where I am hoping it will be positive. I have no signs that I can tell other that I seem to be smelling weird smells and I have going to the loo every 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Not too sure what to do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I am not too sure what is going on now. I did a test this morning and (clear blue stick and first response) The clearblue came up with a faint line which is pregnant, the first response showed nothing which was not pregnant. I then went to the store and got a clearblue digital and it came up pregnant. So I must be pregnant. I ASSUME!!! Has anyone else had this problem? Just to check the old digital reader was not defective, my husband tested his urine with a new test and it said Not pregnant ( thank god as he is a bloke=-))
So I am sure there was nothing wrong with the reader.
and the new reader we have today said pregnant too.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Hi Jenni - just wanted to say what a nightmare you are having?! You must have spent a small fortune on pregnancy tests!!
Not sure what to say really... how late is your period? Are you trying to conceive naturally or are you having treatment?
Maybe you need to go back to your doctors to make sure?
I hope it is a positive for you and at the end of the day a positive is a positive so hopefully it is good news!
good luck!
nicx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Jennji

what a nightmare for you

thinking of you and dh and that you get your longed for positive

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Ladies, thank you very much for your comments.
As far as my periods go, I get them about every 5.5 weeks But they are irregular, so when I tested I was about 3-4 days late. The thing that worried me was that the Thursday before last I was under general anaesthetic and should have done a test. When asked if I was pregnant I said there is a chance but seeing as I have been trying for 7.5 years it was unlikely I would be at that precise moment. I started to bleed on the same day I found out. it started quite light as though it was the beginning of a period. and basically remained that way. My periods last about 48-60 hours they are very heavy and not nice. But this has been very light. I was getting a few short sharp cramps but they didn't last long. I really don't think this could have benn myperiod as I would not have been able to contain it on a tiny little panyliner pad as I did. On Thursday whist at a mates house I felt a bit of nausea but once I laid down I was fine. I have had a few small bit of clots but they have been tiny strings. As I said as I was worried Thursday I did another test and was "pregnant". I am just going on a if I am pregnant and see what happens. Yesterday was awful but after reading that you can dilute the sample by drinking and that testing after frequent urination can give you a false negative gave me a bit of hope. Since I got home yesterday, the bleeding has really lessened, and has changed to a browny shade. I haven't felt anything since Thursday evening. SO fingers crossed. I think one doctor thinks I am pregnant and another thinks I am not so I am not too sure what to think. I will go and see someone on monday and see what they are going to do to help me figure out what is going on. Because as far as I am concerned this morning has just capped it for me. I must be. You just don't get that many (total 5) false positive tests. ( trying natually- waiting for fetility hosital to get back to us)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Jenni

Just to say thinking of you and I have everything crossed - I'm sure you are pregnant by the sounds of it, I like you did so many PT's (including my dh doing one - great minds think alike!! lol).

Babydust and hugs being sent to you and your dh
Kate xx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jenni,

I think where there is uncertainty in urine test you can ask for blood test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts