Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since testing +'ve on 28 July I have developed a heavy dose of the flu. I am really worried that all the germs will have ruined my chances of my pregnancy continuing. Any advice to put my mind at rest please?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I remember having tonsillitis really badly when I was pregnant 5 years ago and everything was fine. Try not to worry and just take some extra vitamin C and whatever your doc recommends! take care and hang in there!

Debbie
:)

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Debbie for the reassurance. You know what it is like, you can't stop worrying about every little thing. ??? Am drinking lots of fluids, trying to wash all the bugs out of my system and away from my precious embey.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I am sure your embie can cope with the flu - your body will go into protection mode, however I suggest bed rest, lots of fluids, vitamin C and zinc to get you back on your feet. If more than a few days see your GP.

Hope you feel better soon - rotten luck to get flu in this weather!

LindaJane
:)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hello,

I had the flu when i was abt 14 weeks, was off work for a week, then i got a terrible cough. I was really worried as Midwife and doctor said not to take anything, only a paracetamol.

Phoned Doctor again mid week as my chest was hurting when i was coughing and she reassured me that babies were fine. Safely tucked away - were her exact words.

I drank warm lemon water and had plenty of fruit.

Try not to worry, but i know its so hard.

Are you feeling any better now??

Susan xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Clarky

Yep, I agree with the others. Bubbs will be fine ;) Maybe just take a couple of paracetamol if you get a temperature. Paracetamol is absolutely fine to take whilst pg as it doesn't cross the placenta at all.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the sensible advice. Am feeling much better now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts