Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taken to hospital by ambulance yesterday as i had severe abdominal pain. I was convinced i was miscarrying and honestly thought it was all over.

The pain was a constant, stabbing pain below my belly button which didnt get better or worse. I was put on gas and air and had various blood tests and a scan. The scan revealed i have twins, and enlarged ovaries. My left ovary was 7.6 x 6.2 x 7.1 (what ever than means) The hospital admitted they dont know much about ivf/ohss which was not very reasurring.

They said either it was a side effect of ovaries being too large, possibly my ovary got twisted causing the pain, or possibly bowel spasm. They let me go when the pain had gone and today it feels much better but still a bit uncomfortable. I must add i have been a bit constipated for a week or two.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I was so sure that pain as severe as that could only mean miscarriage but they said both babies look fine.

Has anyone else had anything similar? I am terrified they have missed something and i am going to miscarry.

From a very scared Leanne xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Leanne

I had a feeling you were carrying twins. CONGRATULATIONS. Like Woppa said Carol might be able to help but rest up.

love Kimx x x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Leanne,

A massive congratulations to you 'twinnies', all i can suggest is what the others have said and rest up, i am sure the pain was your enlarged ovaries.

Take care sweetheart

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Tequila

twins

how exciting and scarey for you ! huge congrats

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
604 Posts
Leanne & Rob

Many congratulations of discovering you are pregnant with twins, I am so delighted for you both.
I hope that this horrible pain settles and you can coniue to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

OMG, I can't believer it, double Tequila's!!!!

Lots of love
Chick

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies girls,

I still have pain although its nothing like it was friday and no bleeding so im trying not to panic.When i was in hospital a lady from the early pregnancy unit came up to see me and told me that if i have any concerns at all i should ring them or pop in. I was also told that if the pain continued they may scan me again monday so i think i will see if i can arrange a scan for tomorrow.

The lady from epu told me that they will keep an extra eye on me as its twins so im hoping for some special treatment!

Thanks again,

Leanne xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts