Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi girls  ;)

i just wanted a bit of advice really  :-\ ive just got a natural bfp after having my dd in nov by c.section are there any mums

out there that have been in the same position  ::) im a bit worried about my c.section scar will it be alright as my tummy

grows  ??? and did your pregnancy go smoothly thanks  ^pray^

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi

Many congrats on your BFP!

I fell pregnant 8 months after having DD by c-section.  My scar was fine and my pregnancy went smoothly - I even achieved a VBAC with my DS  :)

Please don't worry your scar will be fine.  Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy  ^reiki^

Terri xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Firstly congratulations on your ^BFP^!!

After having J I was told to wait 6 months before trying again but I went to see my doc when he ws 4 months and asked for metformin. She knew I'd had a section and that I wanted metformin to have another, but was happy to give it to me, and J ws 7 months when I got a BFP.

My pregnancy was absolutely fine although I could 'feel' the scar every now and again, but I'm sure that's just where it doesn't stretch like unscarred skin does. I even went two weeks overdue (again!) with no problems apart from the occasional (and irrational) panic from me!).

Chux xx

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh thanks girls  ^hugme^ you have really put my mind at rest  :-*

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
For 5 minutes at least...........you'll be amazed at the range of worries and guilt trips you can have over having a second! ;D ;D

I know it's early days, but have you given any thought to whether you will try for VBAC or have an elective section next time?

Chux xx

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chux i do seem to be worrying more  ::) i dont mind how baby is delivered as long as i dont have to have a GA again as i had

to with dd because the placenta was low lying and anterior  :-\ so hoping the placenta chooses a different spot  ^reiki^

would really love a natural delivery though  :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Fudgeyfu! Congrats on your BFP!
The exact same thing happened to me 6 months after the birth of our DD (emergency c-section). No problems with the scar whatsoever and the doctors didn't seem concerned in the slightest. They never even mentioned it! I had a planned c-section with DS and they 'cleaned' up the scar of the emergency c-section as it didn't look that nice. They cut it all away and now I just have a neat little line  :)
Enjoy your pg and don't worry about the scar, it's absolutely fine.
xxx
Han

·
Registered
840 Posts
Congrats on your BFP!

Just wanted to add my little bit. 

I had a myomectomy (which has a very similar scar) in Aug 05 and was pregnant by Dec 05.  I had no problems what so ever with my scar and went on to have a natural 4 hour birth.

Good luck!
xx

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks again girls its nice to know im not alone  :eek: i dont know what i would do without this site  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hiya Hun

Just adding my bit  ;D think I might be a record holder on here  ;D I found out I was pg with Isabel when our twins were 3 months. The only thin g I did notice when pg was if I did too much my scar kind of pulled/tingled nothing major but it made me take it a little easier,just listen to your body and you will be fine.

Many congrats on your natural bfp hun

Kelly x

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
FudgeyFu thanks for starting this thread, I got appendicitis at 12wks and had an open apendesectomy I therefore have a scar the same size as my section but higher on my tummy (in line with my belly button) and have serious concerns about whether the scar will hold as I get bigger, it already feels stretched and i'm only 16wks  ^scared^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts