Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this, because I've just had the most amazing revelation. It's now 7.5 weeks since my last period, and there's not a sign of a premenstrual symptom or AF. We tested on day 35, and again on day 42, and both were BFN, so we got on with accepting another failed attempt and waited for my period to arrive. It still hasn't.

I've had long cycles before but even on the longest cycles I've ever had I'm getting sore boobs and belly aches by now, but I feel totally fine. The only thing that's out of the ordinary is that I've been getting spotting since about day 29, often very pale, but it's been there every day since then. In the last few days it started getting darker, and now it's almost black, so this morning I rang my GP.

She's booked me in for a blood test on Wednesday to see if I am, despite the BFNs on HPTs, pregnant. She told me that some women never get a positive test on a home test, even though they're pregnant. I wasn't aware that this was the case. Has anyone else come across this before?

I'm kind of stunned at the moment. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck, and yes, I have heard of women who have never tested positive with HPT's before - a friend of mine didnt get a positive HPT until she was over 8 weeks pregnant, she now has a healthy little boy.
Fingers crossed for you,
Marie xx

·
Registered
245 Posts
hi
when my sis was pregnant ,she had her periods every month without fail for 3 months ,because she was feeling strange in herslef ,she kept testing but each test said negative ,she even whent to her gp ,who also confirmed she was not pregnant and that she was imagining this,as she wanted one so much, untill one day she took herslef down to the hospital as she was convinced she was pregnant ,who confirmed she was by doing a scan ,she now has a healthy 10 yr old, wish u all the luck,
                                    clare30

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Wow Snagglepat, what a story! Hope the result shows a BFP!!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I'm worrying myself silly. I just went to the loo and the dark discharge is ever present, and there's a good amount of it too (enough to wear a panty liner for). It's not blood at all, but it's very there. I'm now worried in case I'm miscarrying. This all feels so bizarre, especially after being so sure I wasn't pregnant. I even had a few glasses of wine this weekend at MIL's birthday do...

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Snagglepat
Just wanted to wish you luck and I hope your suspicions about being pg are true!
When will you get the test result from the doctor?
I am 6w and a few days pg (at least I hope I still am) and I had some brown discharge last Friday.  It was pretty scary so I know how you feel. Fingers crossed for you.
Elvie 

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
elvie said:
Elvie said: ...When will you get the test result from the doctor?...
We'll get the results on Thursday. After all this waiting it seems so unfair that we now have to wait some more. One of the doctors is going to ring through for them on Thursday morning - if it's positive they'll rush me into the women's hospital for a scan to check everything's OK despite the discharge. Today I arranged to have the day off, just in case. If I am pregnant I'll be about 7 weeks gone now. I can't believe there's a possibility I might be!

Aahh!

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
^goodluck^

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I've just had my arm pricked and my blood is being sent off with 'urgent' written all over it.

This might be a bit TMI but in the last few days I've noticed that this brown discharge has had a lot of 'fleshy' bits to it. When I go to the loo there's always one or two small 'chunks' floating in the bowl, and when I wipe. Has anyone else experienced this? If I am pregnant, then is this a really bad sign, or might it be OK? What does a miscarriage look like?

Thanks for all the feedback girls. It's really appreciated.  :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got the test results this afternoon and it was negative, so I've either not been pregnant at all or have already miscarried. Still no sign of AF or anything 'normal', but I'm booked in to see the doc on Monday to reassess and we'll take it from there.

I'm disappointed, but think I knew it all along. It was nice to have that hope again. Now just to work out what on earth is going with my body.

Thanks again to everyone who responded and best wishes all round.

Gina.

·
Registered
116 Posts
sorry to hear you had a negative :(

However although i am not a doctor long cycles with no af can sometimes happen when you have PCOS, which could be why you have not had af yet

Best to let doctor advise you though

Good luck

Kitty

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry Snagglepat

Was really hoping for you,  ^Cuddle^ for you and dp

Emma

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hi Snaggle Pat

Sorry to hear about what you've just been through - it must have been awful.

I hope you get that BFP soon.

Victoria
xxx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts