Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home, part 5 starts from today  :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hi Guys

How are you all?? What nice weather we are having for a bank holiday weekend.

Did my doppler again today, out a sheer boredum cos DH has gone out, and found heartbeats again  ;D ;D

Looks like I managed to post first for a change woohoo!!!!!

Catch Up With You All Later
Sarah x x

·
Registered
401 Posts
^hello^
Sarah that is wonderful to read your post, it must be so reassuring to hear the heartbeats :) ^hugme^ I have just started to shop for a doppler and have no idea what I am looking for, any pointers ladies on best make or type to buy ::) Thank you
Big X Cazacan

G

·
Sarah - wow, that's brill to hear the heatbeat again! Bet you are feeling much more relaxed now.

I'm beginning to be seriously anxiou about scan on Tuesday ... Fingers and toes all crossed!

Hope you are all enjoying the Bank Holiday, and taking care of yourselves and beanies.

Rivka x

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Morning guys

Rivka - good luck for your scan hun, how many weeks are you now??? ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ;) :) ;)

Cazacan - I bought a great doppler managed to find HBs at 11weeks, it the same as the dopplers the midwives and doctors use rather than just a listening aid, there was 2 different types to buy one £99 the other £130. I'll post the website link as it a UK site and they delivered the day after we ordered, can't fault them at all !!! ;) ;) Oh they do a rental service aswell if you don't want to lay out the money to buy one!!!

http://www.baby-beats.co.uk/

Hope everyone is continuing to enjoy the bank holiday weekend.

Sarah x x

G

·
Sarah - thanks. I'm going to be exactly 9 wks on Tuesday when I have my scan. Becuase my previous mm/cs and m/c were between wks 6 and 8 I am quite anxious; however, if I've passed this milestone this will be a great acheivement, as hopefully that's when my problem lies (blood clotting, they think).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

Feeling really anxious and sad this evening - keep convincing myself this is going to be another chemical and if it isn't I'll mc anyway. Is it normal to be like this when pg again after losses? I was so upbeat until lunchtime today and really can't think of anything that triggered it. The only change is that the period type pains stopped last night - have been daily but today nothing - not sure if my thoughts are related to this or not.

Hope my scan date gets here soon!

Caz x

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Caz

It is perfectly normal to be feeling like that, ranging hormones don't help  :)

AF pains will disappear for a while so don't worry too much  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ Are they giving you any different treatment in this pregnancy to help prevent m/c, I have been on clexane and aspirin this time and touch wood it appears to be working so far !!

Take Care
Sarah x

G

·
Caz - it's perfectly normal to feel like that, we are all that anxious on this thread and this is why we can understand each other so well. I still don't really let myself believe that I'm pg (today 8w5d) until I have my 1st scan on Tuesday, so afraid of another disappointment. But everyone on this thread have been fine so far, touch wood, so I think we are on to a lucky thing together  :) Take care. When is your scan due?

Sarah - I'm very encouraged by your saying that you are having Clexane and aspirin, this is what I'm having this time (last time I had only aspirin, and the times before I was never given anything  ^bigbad^), so fingers crossed it should work for me too  ^reiki^

Rivka x

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you for being so understanding. I still feel very down and negative today but for no real reason. DH is convinced this go will work and I truly want to share his optimism.

I'm having nothing different this time unfortunately - apparently chem pgs are not the same as a m/c so therefore I have only had the one loss (their view not mine!!) which was late in the 2nd trimester and whilst tests were done nothing could be found to be wrong with me or the baby.

I am continuing with the cyclogest as my clinic said whilst they don't believe it makes any difference to take it after a BFP is achieved it wont do any harm either and if it makes me feel more secure (not sure it does!!) then to continue using them.

My first scan is at just over 6 weeks on the 15th May. Good luck for yours tomorrow Rivka.

I am experiencing a lot of pain in the ovary/groin area but this is sharp pain and not the more reassuring dull AF ache. I've had this since ET but the clinic don't seem concerned. It is ok as long as I don't scrunch - even sitting on a dining chair is very uncomfortable. My stomach is very bloated as well - I look about 6 months!! And also my (.)(.) are excruciating - the nipple and surrounding area are almost a purple colour with raised bumps on the aereola (sp??) and little white spots on the actual nipple and so sore even a bra against them is painful. Never experienced any of these things on any previous cycles regardless of their outcome so not sure whether to draw optimism or pessimism from these things!! I thought the (.)(.) might be the cyclogest but on my last cycle which was a medicated FET I had to continue the cyclogest until 10 wks and it didn't do this to my (.)(.)

Anyway we are going down to the beach today in an effort to lift my spirits - DD needs her happy and upbeat Mummy back!!

Take care
Caz x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi  :)

Caz, I just thought I would reply to your post as I feel exactly the same - am very worried about my 6 week 3 day scan on 16th May. Keep thinking there will be nothing there. ( I was meant to have mine on 15th like you, but asked for 16th as I am not at work and would be better to deal with whatever happened).  Every day I obsessively search for other people who have no symptoms and poke my bbs to see if they are still sore.  I don't feel pregnant - all the symptoms I have can be attributed to the cyclogest I'm on:

tender bbs - feel worse at night - but don't feel bigger - cyclogest
sometimes feel dizzy when I stand up (not that unusual for me)
bloated stomach (gets worse through day) - cyclogest
wake up in night some nights to go to loo - due to bloating so it takes ages to get through.  Not going more during day!
Minor nausea on a few days around teatime - when eating/eaten, but not for long

I try to bring myself to reality and think that symptoms often don't appear until week 6 but it doesn't help. Think I am going to get a pg test just tp check! :-\

I have some natal hypnotherapy CDs which I listen to every day and they help relax me a bit - would recommend relaxation CDs.

Caz - think positively and try to relax (says me!  ;D)

Rivka - good luck with your scan tomorrow.

Everyone else - good luck and thanks for listening to my whining on!

B
x

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi all

Hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday - dh is working today (the downside of being self-employed) so thought I would pop on and see how everyone is getting on.

Macboo - so pleased that your scan went well on friday - they have great scanning equipment don't they? So clear. Will definitely go back there again.

Rivka - hope you're not getting too nervous today -  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for tomorrow - and that once you have seen a lovely strong heartbeat you can relax a little.

Welcome caz and congrats on your BFP - completely understand how you are feeling - I think we need to protect ourselves when we have lost babies before. I too lost a baby in the 2nd trimester (nearly 17 weeks) and I think it's going to be very difficult to relax until I get past that milestone and all is well. But I do feel more positive with each week and positive scan that goes past  ^reiki^ ^reiki^. this site is a godsend as we all know exactly what everyone else is going through and how scary it is.

Broccoli - sorry to hear that you are worried about your scan - I often feel I just want to go to sleep and wake when I get to 12 weeks. But I think it is normal not to have that many symptoms until 6 weeks and the ones you have may not only be cyclogest - they sound pretty good to me. i was on cyclogest last time until 12 weeks but am not on it this time and I reckon my symptoms were/are exactly the same.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hi Sarah - glad you found the hbs quickly with your doppler - must be very reassuring  ^hugme^

Hi Cazacan - hope all's well - you can rent dopplers as well if you don't want to buy one. Last time I rented one from www.anawiz.com (can't get the website to work at the moment but that was definitely the place)

I can't see any of the posts on the older board now so will just say hello to all you other ladies and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ all round. Had a nice weekend so far - out and about at bbqs, theatre, and visiting some friends with a 5 week old baby - so tiny and cute. Think I will have a day pottering around at home today before back to work tomorrow.

xx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Just popping on to say ^hello^

Caz - re the boob thing. I had allsorts of wierdness with Amy, but with Charlie they were just a bit 'full'. Apparently there is no normal ^idiot^

^reiki^ to all
Deb

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hi everyone

sorry for lack of posts - have had a disaster!

I felt very strange yesterday -like i had th eshakes all day, couldnt put my finger on what was wrong, then at 6.30pm i felt all wet, went to the loo and i had bled all through my knickers and jeans.  Then i pulled out a very large blood clot - then i sobbed my heart out  :'(

I havent bled anymore today yet - but it was a flood of bright red blood with the one large clot so i am pretty sure it was the start of a miscarriage.  I havent felt sick or bad today at all - and right up until yesterday sickness and sore boobs were increasing day by day.

My 7 wk scan is due on 16th may but i dont think we will be getting that far.  I am devastated, i am clinging to the hope that it isnt over because i havent bled today - but also know that the feeling i have are period pains and that the onslaught is only days away !

I am off to cornwall in the morning too - 5 1/2 hours in a car with my boss and 2 other chaps that i work with - great fun !

I am pleased that it happend while craig and i were together though - we had a cry last night and talked things over - at lesat i was with him and not in cornwall with work colleagues - so now if it happens i have sort of dealt with it.

Life is just so unfair isnt it !!

I am hoping that it is just a warning sign to take it more easy - but in my heart i dont believe that.

Sorry for rant

xxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Anne

^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Hang on in there and don't go to cornwall!!!!!!, stay at home and ring clinic, they may want you to get HCG levels done at your GP. Get rested up incase it was just a warning rather than a m/c !!

Thinking of you hun
Sarah x x

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi

I've been lurking am afraid. After what feels like so much loss (3 m.c, 2 failed IVF, several failed IUI) it's difficult to believe I can join in and I'm so frightened of it happening again - as are we all I know. Have also convinced self this weekend that all is over for me. I was beginning to be sick last week and since Thursday none at all. Still have sore boobs and no bleeding but putting that down to cyclogest. been in tears last two days just waiting for it all to be over. Should be 5 weeks plus 2.

I just wanted to say too - ACBICCY don't go away with work. Get to an EPU and they'll do HCG tests and at least you'll have osme idea of what is hapening.

Whatever happens, and all may be well indeed, you need to be with your partner. My work is demanding and has long hours but this third IVF round I've come to the conclusion that the work just doesn't matter more than the family I so much want.

More than best wishes to all. I haven't booked a 6.5 week scan yet as can't see myself making it that far but all the best to everyone here.

X
EL

G

·
ABICCY -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ so sorry for all the pain and worry you are going through. I pray this is just a warning sign. I want to second others in saying that you'dbetter not go to Cornwall, just call in sick at work because you surely don't want to have to explain things at this stage. Go to the clinic, and have your partner's support, you are what matters now and work should just get on without you for a while.

Caz - it's hard to believe in symptoms, especially as we never had good pgs so we worry whether the signs are right. But you are too early to feel any symptoms anyway, and I keep having symptoms come and go (today 8w6d), I heard this is normal. Hang on in there.

I had a very nice Bank Holiday with many things to do, friends to see etc., and was fine most of it, but now towards the evening I got so anxious about tomorrow's scan. It's my first at 9w, and I keep imagining how it was on previous times and it scares me stiff.

Rivka x

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
ACBICCY - ^hugme^ Only you know what is right to do for you. Put yourself first for a while. Sending you huge and gentle ^hugme^

EL - My symptoms come and go, and did with both Charlie and Amy as well. Its normal. Try to stay ^reiki^ and relax (hard though I know ::) )

Rivka - Good luck with tomorrows sca ^fingerscrossed^

Well not much new here. just tottering along. I guess I'm a little more relaxed than last time as Amy was full term and healthy so I know (with help!) I can do it - doesn't stop me panicing but I'm more of "what will be will be" frame of mind at the moment.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just popping onto to send big  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to ABICCY - I really hope that yesterday's bleed was just a sign to take things easy.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Elsielouise - welcome and congrats on your BFP - I know it's difficult to think  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ but we are here for you to share your worries with over the coming weeks

Rivka - I know I have said it before but good luck tomorrow

CM - glad you are feeling reasonably relaxed, long may that last

xx

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Annie -- I think you should head straight over to the EPU. Let us know how today went.  ^pray^  ^pray^  ^pray^ for you!

mayve  ^hugme^

1 - 20 of 560 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.