Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi evryone,

So much for no pregnancy symptoms! They have hit me full force and I have just been terribly sick for the 6th time today (with dizzyness this time!!), I am only 7 weeks pregnant!! What a long way to go!!.

Has anyone got any ideas as to reducing my sickness. I have tried ginger biscuits but seem to be off sweet things. I will try anything, can't keep on like this!!

Thanks,
Desparately vomitus,
Kerry

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Hi, when I had morning sickness, I found that acupressure bands used for travel sickness helped (sea bands -you can get them at the chemist)
and eating little and often, especially b4 getting out of bed.
I have also read that preggie pops are good- just google it and you should find them.
Hope something helps. good luck
Ali

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ali,

Thanks for your advice, have just ordered some preggie pops and sea bands, thankyou so much,

Kerry

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi,

I know it is had to rationalise but being sick is a great sign of a strong pregnancy as it means that the hormones that sustain a pregnancy are there in huge amount (progesterone & oestrogen are making you chuck)

The key is to keep your blood sugar level as it is the dips that cause the nausea and let the hormones take over. Apparently the key nutrients that can quickly help to releive nausea are Vit C & K. Sources of Vik C are obvious and Vit K can be found in wheatgrass.........

Hope this is of some help,

Congratulations on the pregnancy, it will all get better,
Tikki. x

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I'd agree with the suggestions already made - Ginger buscuits are great (especially if the huuby can bring them to bed with a cup of tea before you get up!). I used Sea Bands which really helped take the edge of the nausea. The other thing that really worked for me was pringles (not overly nutricious) but because they don't smell and are quite savory really helped me.
I tried to avoid really strong smells like coffee and baked bread as these definately made my stomach turn.
If it is really bad it's worth mentioning it to you GP/midwife just to make sure that you are keeping enough fluids down. I hope the really sicky feeling leaves you soon and you get to truely enjoy your pregnancy.

Take care
Debs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.