Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy, I had my first scan yesterday and it was too early and dr only could see the sac. But he took a sample of blood to measure things (don't know what) and today I called the clinic and they said that they were waiting the report from the dr, but that my progesterone level have fallen since the positive test, from 104 to 51. I don't know what that means. Could sbdy explain? I am dead worried and don't know what to expect! :'(
I am 5 weeks and a half pg....
Love, A

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Aless. I am not a nurse, but I know you are worried and I found this on the boards from a few months ago so thought it could help put your mind at rest. I'm pasting the query first, then the reply from Ruth - who is a nurse.

QUERY:
NJW said:
Hi there

I'm new to all this and would really appreciate any advice as I'm going round the bend :(

I recently had an IVF treatment, I had a positive HPT at 12days past transfer and another one at 14days ^spin^

On the morning of the 14th day after I took my Progesterone I noticed that I had some very slight staining which had come out with the Progesterone (sorry if TMI).
I phoned the clinic and they said to come in and have a blood test, that it sounded like I could be low in Progesterone.
I had an HCG test which was 401.2 (on day 14 past transfer)
I also had a Progesterone test which was 29. The nurse told me that the HCG level was fine but the Progesterone level was on the low side. I've had to up the Progesterone tablets.
This was last Thursday and since upping the Progesterone the spotting has gradually lessened and now is almost gone.

My concern is that the next step for me is to have a scan.
This is booked for 02Sept as I cannot have it any earlier as they will not see anything.
I'm really worried that I'm going to go for the scan and there's going to be nothing there.
I know they told me that the spotting was a Progesterone problem but I'm scared that it might have affected the pregnancy.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Sorry if I've rambled on too much and thanks for any advice

Nicola X
Ruth said:
Everything you have said makes sense, hcg fine, progesterone a bit low and that is why the spotting occured. The fact that this was caught early does not affect the pregnancy, and you have as good a chance as anyone of seeing foetal heartbeat. Good luck!

Ruth
Hope this helps you and that you receive good news from the doc - and hopefully they can up your progesterone as they've picked it up early.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ for you...

Love Molly
x

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Molly, many thanks. This waiting game for the call is killing me... You know that the HGC levels were also not so high...

Many thanks!!

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Aless
Hoping you hear some good news from the doctor soon.
^reiki^ ^reiki^
xx Morgan

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Alessandra

I had spotting between my 2ww ending and going for a scan my clininc just told me to use an extra cyclogest (upped to 3 a day) and the spotting stopped. I went on to get the gorgeous boy on the left.
Good luck please let us know how you get on.

Love Kim x x  x

·
Registered
521 Posts
AussieMeg - the last link you posted explains it all very well.

Looking positive for Aless...  :-*

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear girls, many thanks for your words, links and support! I don't know what would I do without this place! Dr. told me that my levels are not so high as they would like, but to wait until Monday, to rest, increase cyclogest and take a lot of water. So I came back home from work and will try to rest until Monday's scan. Morgan, megan, Mollyw and Kimric, MANY THANKS!! :-*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts