Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Again

God another question! Sorry i have lots of stuff going round and round in my head. ^spin^

Ok. ^doc^  Has anyone become pregnant or know of anyone who has become pregnant on there first IVF cycle,  I am sure I read of someone on this site but cannot find thread.

I would be delighted to hear feedback on this. ^Cuddle^

Cheers Yoda XoX

And good luck to everyone trying ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Yes I know of several people - It is more than possible

Clare

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi yoda,

Several women I have spent the 2ww as a cycle buddy, have got pregnant from their first IVF.

At my first attempt at the clinic I made a friend who was successful on her first attempt and had twins.

With warmest regards,

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi Yoda,

I was lucky on my first cycle and am now 23 weeks pregnant with twins. It can happen first time. Hope you have the same success,

L xx

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,

I too became pregnant on my first attempt, after only retrieivng 3 eggs and one fertilising, so anything is possible! It might be a good topic to put in the voting room? Best of luck with your treatment. 

Bex  x

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
hi Yoda,

I was also very fortunate to fall pregnant on my first ivf cycle, and i have seen several others with the same result.

Good luck on your tx

Love Mish x

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

These thing can happen iam proof of that. My twins are now nearly 3 months old. I also have a friend with twins that it work first time for.

goodluck

sam xxx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Everyone

Thanks for all the positive feedback ^Cuddle^ .  There seems to be a really good chance then.  I am definitely going to go ahead with IVF now. Was just worried incase it would take 3+ attempts, I have read of some really unfortunate patients who have had problem after problem. ^fairydust^

All Your baby and pet pictures are gorgeous. ^daisy^

Thanks again Yoda xx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Yoda

Its really good you've had all these positive responses. 

I too have fallen pregnant on my first attempt and I am just coming up for 5 weeks.

Fingers crossed same thing happens for you ::)
Love Raspberry

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi

I had IVF and got pregnant on the 1st attempt. Mt son is now 10 months old.

Always have faith!!!!!

Good luck

Sara

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Raspberry

Just came across your name again and was thinking of you. 

Hope all is well with you and your BFP! Not seen your name on for a while. 

No news good news!!

^daisy^ ^daisy^ ^daisy^

Thank goodness the Sun is shining againXX Yoda

G

·
:) :)
I was lucky enough to get pregnant on my first IVF attempt and only managed 6 eggs at egg collection, 2 were replaced and Peanut is due on 14th May, can't wait.  We realise we've been really lucky, but it CAN work so lots of luck and love

Sarah lou xxx

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Yoda
me too.
There are statistics on the internet (somewhere!) on this that I have read. The chances of success per cycle are broadly similar for each of your 1st to 3rd cycles.  I think on the 4th if it hasn't worked by then, the chances are slightly lower and decline from there.

But there is no more or less chance of it working first time as the 2nd or 3rd time from what I have read!

So stay positive and good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi  there,

I fell pregnant first time with OHSS. I had  twins, boy and a girl....

Unfortunantly we lost our little girl at 8 months....  :'( 

We are due to start IVF again in September as my little boy will be 1 year and 4 months, plus my heads kind off ready for another treatment!!

Good Like x

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi ya
i too was blessed to have fallen first time with ivf and i am 19 weeks pregnant with twins
it can happen keep focused
leeanna xxx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
HI Yoda,

Me too - I fell pregnant on my first go. My son is now 6 months old. I was told to expect to need three attempts.

Suzy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Yoda :)

Me too i got a BFP first time and now i have a hansom baby boy of 8mths. So good luck and dreams can come true even though it might be harder for some of us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have just gone through my first cycle of IVF and am currently on my 2WW. I found out that I had a light to moderate form of OHSS on Friday (My ET was on Wednesday) thankfully it has all cleared up now, I was wondering if anybody else had any other positive stories after having had OHSS  :-\

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yoda, I also got pregnant on my first attempt at IVF, but unfortunately they found no heartbeat at the six week scan.  It stated in the paperwork that you have a 15% chance of having a miscarriage if you have IVF, which seems so unfair as we have to go through so much to get there in the first place.

I must admit I found it more stressful waiting for the first scan worrying if something was wrong.  On the 2ww its out of your hands and you don't know until you have the test, but once you find out you are, I then didn't stop worrying.

Sorry didn't mean to sound negative, but as you can see from your replies, lots of people do get lucky, I was told that you have just as much chance on your first go as any other.

Good luck

Shazznewman

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.