Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
i tested positive on 28/01 which we where over the moon about we had finally done it.
we went for our first scan yesterday 10/02 and a tiny sac was visible but that was all, nothing in it. the doctor said it is still to early to confirm an ongoing pregnancy and we have to go back next week for another scan.
this left us devastated as we thought the pregnancy would be confirmed or not. instead we got a maybe.
does anyone know if this is normal and what are the chances of the pregnancy continuing?
we had egg collection on 11/01 and ET on 13/01 2 grade 1 embies put back.
i have had no bleeding but lots of period cramps and aching.
i also have no pregnancy symptoms just the occasional sore nipples.
thanks for any help
nita

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Nita,

Just thought I'd let you know that my friend who also had IVF had her scan at 6 weeks and there were two sacs shown but no heartbeats.  She went back a week later and there was two little heartbeats.  She now has 11 month old twins!

I think she was told that due to the IVF they are never sure when they would have implanted and so sometimes it can be too early to see anything.

Try and stay positive, I know it's easier said than done but hang on in there.  I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.  Let me know how you get on.

Andrea xxx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks andrea
so worried now, really thought it was our turn this time. being doing research on the internet and i think it has made me worse as all sorts of conditions have come up about early embryonic death!
just desperate to know now and feel tolally fed up with it all.
i will let you know what happens.
wishing you lots of luck
nita

G

·
hi

i didnt have IVF but i went for a scan at 6 1/2 wks and only saw a sac, went a week later and could see a heartbeat.  i have read about this happening to a lot of the girls on this site.

hope this helps

love

Donnax

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Hi Nita,

I dont have an answer for u but I just want to wish u good luck..
Try not to worry, I think that everything will go fine with your pg!!!
We are here for u anytime!!!  ^hugme^

Stella

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.