Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just found out I got BFN today which I,m ok about, but I have a follow up with the clinic on Wednesday and am looking for an answer to a query before I go.
My first cycle, I only got 3 eggs which were all immature so treatment cancelled.
2nd cycle I got 7 eggs, 4 of which were immature. Luckily 2 fertilised but BFN.

I was told to inject 5000iu pregnyl trigger on both occassions, but reading on these boards, most people are injecting double that.
I was under the impression that the trigger shot matured the eggs and stimulated ovulation.

As I seem to have a problem with immature eggs, would 10000iu be better?

After the 1st cycle, Dr reccommended DE, but I pushed to go again and insisted he increased my meds, which he didnt want to do. As it happens, I was right to do so in that I managed 7 eggs, but this immaturity seems to be a big problem.

I,m worried that when I see him on Wed, he is going to refuse to treat me again with my own eggs and need some info to go in armed with.
He has also refused to extend my stimming phase.  Would this make any difference to the maturity of my eggs?

If anyone can help with my immaturity problem, I would be so grateful

TracyM

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Tracy so sorry honey. The clinic I used only use 5000 because they say the risk of OHSS is too high on 10000 and the effect on maturation appears the same. Ask them on wednesday why honey. Good luck

whippet x

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I have always had 10000 or even 15000 at ARGC and on one occasion with 10000 all my eggs were immature- I don't think it matures them it just releases them!

Immaturity is the Drs problem for not monitoring you closely enough- this happened to me on my 2nd cycle I moved clinics. I was suggested DE from then on but moved to ARGC and had 2 further cycles and all perfectly ok eggs.  Perhaps suggest a short protocl with cetrotide and closer monitoring of your LH?
L x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts