Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Have just had a negative cycle and just had a query you might be able to help with. After ET I was told to do two injections of pregnyl rather than the usual pessaries that most people seem to do. I am not really clear on why this was. I am not seeing hosp. again for a couple of months so wondered if you could shed some light on this for me

Siobhan

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
hi siobhan
so sorry about your neg cycle  ^Cuddle^
when we had our 1st ivf we used the pregnyl injections after et......our 2nd cycle we used the cyclogest pessaries
i dont think it makes any difference...just depends what the hospital use
if you have another go you could always ask for the pessaries
good luck

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Hi Siobahn

I too used pregnyl after ET as this was the main protocol used by the clinic I was at. They said there is no difference statistically between using htis and the pessaries. I think I'm right in saying that both are to do with giving hormone support to aid pg/implantation.

I conceived after my first IVF cycle so from my viewpoint it shouldn't make any difference.

I know it's hard and you probably want to have a 'if I did this then...' type of analysis of your BFN but ....

That's my experience anyway

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.