Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Does anyone know how long Pregnyl will be in your system - so I will know if a positive result is just from the drugs. When is a safe time to test acurately?

Also, how long will it take for af to arrive if its a bfn?

Many thanks  :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Herbaltea. On my last cycle I started testing form day 8 to check when the hcg didn't show up any more which was on day 9/10. BUT everyones different and it depends on how much you have injected. They say that the levels halve every 24hrs so 10000 becomes 5000 then 2500 etc... Some people still have it in their system on day 12/13. That's why I tested so I would know if a positive result was genuine. Also if it's a bfn ( ^fairydust^ it won't be) af can come almost straight away be late or earlier in some cases. Think it depends on how much progesterone you are taking or your body in general. I was on gestone injections and my AF came immediately on my test day  :(

Hope this helps

Clairexxxx

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Herbaltea

I read somewhere that it stays in the system for approx 10 days, but don't know where I read it.
Maybe not so useful info.

Love lshack xx

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
:)hi there.hope this helps but my clinic told me that it takes at keast 10 days for it to be gone from your system.thats why they said not to test to early as i may get a false reading.take care and hope it all goes well for you.lol

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi I thought it was roughly 10 days till it's out of your system too.  My clinic told me not to home test until 14 days after ET.  I tested at 13 - naughty but I couldn't wait.  ^police^ 
I wouldn't do it any earlier though.

Claire x

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your replies!

I have to do a 5000 jab this morning and was told to test on the 7th Aug. I was just hoping to test earlier to put me out of my misery! Suppose I 'll just have to wait  :)

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.